988 stroker motor dyno run.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Ok boys n girls , the next round of cams have arrived for installation. I could tell you the specs :shh:, but then I'd have to kill ya. :chair:. Needless to say Fast Freddy has put a lot of time and thought into this grind. The cam grinders threw out an astonishing number on the HP increase with this set-up, but only the dyno will tell us for sure. Our first goal of 100 RWHP was crushed (with FCR 39's and 813 cams), we are now shooting for 120 RWHP on pump gas with a very streetable, reliable motor. The dyno will tell.:popcorn:

Gotta love those government mandated warning stickers:nono:
CIMG1828.jpg

The PSI billet carbs have also been tweaked and hopefully are ready for prime time now. The frame and other parts are back from the powdercoaters, and the exhaust should be ready at the ceramic coaters today. D9's cool bits are on the way and should be here by Monday. It's getting very close now.

CIMG1830.jpg

Dawgone

Two Stroke
Well I see ya made it home ok, and now I know why I didn't hear a word from ya.

You Got Toys! ~ Can't wait to hear the results.

I hope them carbs work, cuz they certainly look the part

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Yep Dawg - been busy all week. Frame all back together, Hyde rearsets installed, lots of cool stuff from D9. And if Fast Freddy would quit taking engine parts to work on them - I might get it back together soon. :)

CIMG1839.jpg

CIMG1841.jpg

CIMG1843.jpg

marthruxton

Two Stroke
John, you haven't mentioned what the plan is for the forks. In one picture they look like they are the stock set up. What sprockets are you going to use?

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
John, you haven't mentioned what the plan is for the forks. In one picture they look like they are the stock set up. What sprockets are you going to use?

Going to try 19/43 gearing to start. May have to go to a 42 or 41 rear depending on hard it pulls the front wheel off the ground in the lower gears. It ran 149 mph on the dyno with the 17/43 gears at 9000 rpm under 30% load. It's gonna be a serious runner when through.

Forks will be Traxxion Dynamics emulators and springs set-up for my weight /riding style, since they are only a few miles from me. I like the F3 but they won't work with bonnie bars, and finding a set is somewhat of a hassle. Nice meeting you at Cambria.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Ya have been buzy... I wanna see a full size pic of that frame, the color looks sweet!

Coming soon! The frame is a pearl silver - looks alot like the silver framed bikes of the sixties, which have always appealed to me. They were mostly dirt bikes, but I loved the look. Even painted my 1973 CR125M Elsinore frame silver back in the day.

Neducati

Two Stroke
Sheldon, I hope this thread is making you reconsider your decision to sell your heavily modified Bonnie!

Thruxtonboy

Scooter
Going to try 19/43 gearing to start. May have to go to a 42 or 41 rear depending on hard it pulls the front wheel off the ground in the lower gears. It ran 149 mph on the dyno with the 17/43 gears at 9000 rpm under 30% load. It's gonna be a serious runner when through.
QUOTE]

Hi John,

I'm very impressed by the job you're doing overthere. This is really something! I'm, just like the rest of the guys, also very curious for pictures, or maybe even a video...? I also can imagine the adrenaline wich is pumping trough your vains, I feld the same working on my Thruxton. I read and follow your thread with great interest and I admire your work. Keep in touch!

All the best (Triumph) regards from Holland.

:brit_tit::brit_tit::brit_tit::brit_tit::brit_tit:

Five out of five Jigglin Jugs John!!!

Well done mate...it's another masterpiece!!

Cheers......

Bret....:c

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hi John,

I'm very impressed by the job you're doing overthere. This is really something! I'm, just like the rest of the guys, also very curious for pictures, or maybe even a video...?
[/QUOTE]

We'll have both coming fairly soon. BluBonnie is going to video the bike when she is all finished. Pics coming when it's all together. Getting close now - waiting on some stuff from New Bonneville and Triumph North America.