I need a small, economical car for work

I took possession of the 2007 Fit today. It is a really fun car to drive. It's like a 4 door go-kart. Def not a muscle car, but it feels just as quick as my old Integra was, and that was fun to drive too. It only makes 110 hp but it weighs a paltry 2300lbs, almost 2600 with me in it ;)

I'm taking it to get the windows tinted on Monday, and I'll be installing a cruise control kit as soon as it comes in the mail. I also need to wire up my Satellite Radio and try to figure out some sort of an Ipod input, that or start burning a shitload of CDs.

I got all my tools and equipment etc loaded in the car and still have plenty of room to spare. This is working out well so far. Thanks for the info guys.

ssjones

750cc
Fit is a Go!

Start fixing her up, these folks will have plenty of advice....
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/

20_1.jpg

I've already checked out the Fit Forums :D

I might get some bigger wheels for it. Right now it has 14" steel wheels with plastic hubcaps. I'm probably going to wear these tires down then get some simple, basic, black 5 spoke 15" or 16" wheels and some decent tires. I'm not looking for performance tires, I need longevity, but I hate hubcaps!

these are the style of wheels I want:

race-mode_blk_med.jpg

I'm going to see if there's much benefit to opening the intake/exhaust (if it will get me more HP/MPGs) and if so I might do that.

I may also be adding a roof rack so I can carry a 6' ladder on top of it, rather than cram it inside. It fits inside but it takes up a lot of real estate.

Last edited:
I got the windows tinted today. I got to looking at my beat up crappy hubcaps and yanked them off the car, sanded them a bit, and spray-bombed them black. I think the tint and painted hubcaps really helped the look of the car. Sorry for the cell phone pic, couldn't find my camera:

tintedFIT.jpg

Is that your Dodge with the Cummings diesel in the back? Looks like Mutt & Jeff !:D

yes, that's my Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel. It's a great truck. 2001 with only 90,000 miles on it (I put 25,000 on it in the last year). It's loaded but with a 5 spd manual and rubber floor (no carpet) which is awesome. I've been driving too much to keep paying to feed it diesel, which is why I bought this Fit.

Oh the Fit has a new name, given by my brother. It is now known as the F-it. :headbang2:

strokerlmt

Spray can all you want but I agree....don't start modding the FIT.....save the money for the SweatBonneville.....just my opinion.....
LMT

I'm not going to spend any money modding this car....but they do make a turbo kit for it...$3000 gets me 40% more hp. That would be fun :D

Not going to do it though, so chill guys...