Wives And Motorcycles

gcrider

Street Tracker
My Ex-wife (then wife of not very long) FORBID me from buying a bike when I brought it up. I told her she could OBJECT, but not FORBID. If she wanted to have a discussion, I was happy to do so. She held her ground. I rode home on my first street bike the next day. She wasn't happy at all, but a line had been drawn it the sand that I could not ignore. I'd ridden dirt bikes for years as a kid and knew what I was doing and she knew that. Should have know then it wasn't gonna work. Oh well. Live and learn.

slowgator

750cc
Precious Cargo

Never have given my wife even a short ride on mine... paranoia
over the possibility of a mishap... one of us needs to survive for the kids.

I was recently entering the freeway with my daughter on board and didn't notice that they had resurfaced the freeway but not yet the on-ramp until I was faced with climbing the "seam" in between. Normally on a bike, you want a better angle, but I did not have the time or opportunity to do so as there was a truck pulling a boat bearing down, so I held my breath, twisted the throttle and luckily the relatively new Metzelers managed the jump up to the resurfaced freeway lane.

I breathed a sigh of relief but had some horrible visuals of what could have been with my precious cargo on board. Think I'll stay off the superslabs with loved ones on board!

RonL

Scooter
My fiance is more than happy to keep the pillion warm. We've been our for a few hours and she's done very well. In fact, I brought up the subject of getting another bike a couple of years ago and she jumped right on the bandwagon.

She doesn't quite understand ATGATT completely but I've told her that there's no way I want anything to happen to her in case of a mishap. Unfortunately, we haven't found a backrest that we both liked yet, if we did, I'm sure she'd be up for longer rides.

Every now and then, when we're taking off from a light or corner, she'll hug my waist tighter and say "go!". I know what that means and happily oblige. That's my gal!

When I met my (now ex) wife, the bike came with me, but I didn't replace it when I crashed it, by mutual consent, and we had 1-year-old daughter. That was then, now my gf doesn't want to ride, even on back, but she is such a good sport about everything that she even helps me work on the bike when I need an extra pair of hands. So I'll keep her, and the bike.

Mine has her own Bonneville ...

barber_012007.jpg

This would be ideal. I would love to get my wife on her own Bonneville. But until then, she'll be riding pillion. When my wife and I first met, she asked “what would I have to do to drive you away”. I told her keep me from seeing my friends and riding my bikes. That would do it. She's been very excepting ever since (We just celebrated our 8 year anniversary yesterday). In fact, I'm the one who feels guilty when the sun comes out and I need to go for a ride. You see, here in Seattle we have to seize every opportunity possible.

KingBear

Hooligan
My wife gave me the green light to buy my bike (I believe her exact words were something like, "Oh, why don't you just buy it.") Since then she's decided it's a pretty good hobby for me and enjoys riding pillion for short distances, but the little Bonnie isn't comfortable enough for both of us to take longer rides. SO... she's instructed my to look into buying a second, larger bike we could use to take on longer local rides and maybe even road trips. Yeah baby!! All in all I'd say she's being an outstanding sport. :)

Clarke

Scooter
Our first date was a ride in 1994, and she has been a great sport ever since. One of the reasons she is airbrushed on the Bonneville tank. We did the Natchez Trace Pkwy in July, hit a country dog with the Road King, and she STILL was a Trooper! Now, IF only I could talk her into another motorcycle.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Wow...what a babe!

(and I sure hope your screen name has something to do with babe-a-lish-ous wifey/girlfriend...that would explain why you're so damn happy all the time :D)

Thanks D9, not surprised you can spot beauty.
She's definately a catch and gives me a long leash - as long as don't abuse it.
Oddly enough, my screen name is play on words in reference to an ex GF who was a hellcat in the sack but needed more frequent maintenance in the hygeine department.
In the wonderful world of spoonerisms, Kinky Stunt becomes stinky kunt.
:eeek:

whyme

TT Racer
I told you before....nice pair of Tuna you got there.

I had one of those types one time. It's such a hard decision when a hot girl has a SP. Some how my little head ALWAYS won!

D9

Vendor
Oddly enough, my screen name is play on words in reference to an ex GF who was a hellcat in the sack but needed more frequent maintenance in the hygeine department.
In the wonderful world of spoonerisms, Kinky Stunt becomes stinky kunt.
:eeek:

Oh man... Now THAT is funny!! :lick: :gas: :lol3:

I met my wife whilst doing a bike tour through southern Thailand and like all Thais, she was virtually born on a scooter. BUT, I don't take her pillion anymore as she had the annoying habit of falling asleep which is pretty dangerous and also spoilt my fun in the curves.

Now I have a kind of home-brewed padded single seat so as she can hop aboard for quick trips but when I go for my multi-day rides, it's how it should be - boys only. I get a kiss and a "take care" as I leave and a bit more when I get back..... ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Ohio TT

Two Stroke
I met my wife whilst doing a bike tour through southern Thailand and like all Thais, she was virtually born on a scooter. BUT, I don't take her pillion anymore as she had the annoying habit of falling asleep which is pretty dangerous and also spoilt my fun in the curves.

Now I have a kind of home-brewed padded single seat so as she can hop aboard for quick trips but when I go for my multi-day rides, it's how it should be - boys only. I get a kiss and a "take care" as I leave and a bit more when I get back..... ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Sounds like a keeper.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
I told you before....nice pair of Tuna you got there.

I had one of those types one time. It's such a hard decision when a hot girl has a SP. Some how my little head ALWAYS won!

Funny how better judgement escapes us when the panties come off.

True 'dat. Bet one of kinky's stunts wasn't yodeling in the canyon!:lol2:

That's a good one! I know it's impossible to hum with your nose pinched shut, not sure about yodeling...

shoobie

Scooter
Great thread, My wife has no intrest in riding her own bike. She always loved riding 2 up. Not so much anymore, so I've been looking at single seats now.

Flaco

750cc

Here's a topic for you. Anyone out there who have a partner / wife who won't keep you from getting a motorcycle, but doesn't necessarily like the idea of you riding one... the danger aspect?

I'm sure it's not just me so fess up.

Milo:flag:
I got around that by asking the wife on weekend mornings...
"Honey, either a BJ or I'm going for a ride."
She responds, " Better take a jacket, it's going to be chilly!"

wobblygong

Street Tracker
WANTED

Female, aged 25 to 45 and have own income.
Must have good body, D-cup or above preferred.
Must be good cook, especially BBQ's
Must know where the beer is kept and keep same well stocked.
Must be good housekeeper and know how to clean & service a motorcycle.
Marriage & kids NOT an option.
MUST have own motorcycle!!!

PLEASE SEND PHOTO OF MOTORCYCLE!!!