Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

TC_Dick

TT Racer
this is my bon with the scrambler seat and rack:

sixty8-5.jpg

I'm gonna get that seat ripped up and re-padded. I'll post pictures from when it's done.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I Love the seat on the anniversary Bonnie.Did you paint it yourself?
It's not painted. I rode to Corbin in Hollister, Ca and selected the materials myself. The black is leather and the orange is vinyl. Corbin refers to the orange color as "KTM orange".

Here's the original 50th anniversary seat:

11-8-2008a.jpg

As opposed to the Corbin Gunfighter:

12-20-08-c.jpg

Hi gang I have an 09 Bonnie and the stock seat is not working for me. The seat dips down as it nears the gas tank and I end up sliding forward and sitting on the family jewels. After about 50 miles I start to sound like a castrato and I find myself sliding back to sit on the passenger part of the seat.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the contemporary seat from the Triumph catalog is different from the 09 stock? Is it flatter at the front? Or dose anyone have another solution?

I would love a Corbin smuggler seat but at $800 ouch! it will have to wait.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the contemporary seat, but I feel your pain. I just paid for a Thruxton Gel seat online. Should have it soon. Good luck finding the perfect seat.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the contemporary seat from the Triumph catalog is different from the 09 stock?

5index.11.jpg

Just purchased this contemporary seat and not had chance to ride with it yet, so will get back to you.

Just fitted contemporary seat

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fitted without strap (prefer look) Seat for me seems/feels no different than stock but pillion's like it. So far partner, Daughter and barbi doll all prefer it. Now for gaitors

Attachments

• DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2
  • contemporary.stock.jpg
    contemporary.stock.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Vendor
Corbin custom dual cafe

Capo15.jpg

Triton style solo cafe

Orange6.jpg

Manx style solo cafe

BonnieC1.jpg

Corbin custom solo cafe

CarlosPICS482.jpg

whyme

TT Racer
I like that dual cafe. I wonder how that would look on a scram?- toned down a bit. Would I need to get a different seat pan?

Vendor
I like that dual cafe. I wonder how that would look on a scram?- toned down a bit. Would I need to get a different seat pan?

It will look good on a Scram, but the beauty it's in the eye of the beholder.
It's toned down already, and it has a custom seat pan.

whyme

TT Racer
I sent corbin a question. Do you have any more info on it??

Not that I don't like it on your bike...it looks perfect. I just would change the stripe and or piping to fit my scram a little better.

MES

750cc
I was wondering if anyone knows if the contemporary seat from the Triumph catalog is different from the 09 stock?
they are the same. If it comes on a Thrux then it is stock (see the screw holes for the cowl?). If you order it to fit a Bonnie, then it is a "Contemperary" seat.

Vendor
I sent corbin a question. Do you have any more info on it??

Not that I don't like it on your bike...it looks perfect. I just would change the stripe and or piping to fit my scram a little better.

It's a one off seat made by Corbin for me.
If you like Pm me and I can give you more details.