Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

Well now I have another seat that I am SO rapped with (thanks Jeramy)

I felt it needed posting. Needs to be worn in, but xtra Height is great and more in keeping with the Meriden look I reckon. No idea who was upholsterer, but very happy with it

2900603570100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

2738766830100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

Few of other seats I already have lol

seat-scrambler-contemporary-standard.jpg

Last edited:
2900603570100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

Done my first fairly long ride yesterday. Seat now lost its slippery polish and i think my butt contours have reshaped it lol

It was great for comfort!

I may still look at Oversize shocks down the track for even more height. But this is how the Bonny seat should have been, with maybe cross stitching like the Trophy. Intend to also add the chrome trim on bottom edge.

Trophy-scrambler.jpg

2594670550100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

2272808870100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

chainguard.jpg

Last edited:

Savantjk

Street Tracker
The seat goes so well with your bike! I'm glad it's treating you right! And I'm liking the chrome trim. Brings back a very classic look to it.

dschief

750cc
That chrome strip makes the tank seam look more attractive too, like they flow together. Looks great, but I always am partial to the claret/silver color combo.

NVcpF

Scooter
I modified the original Bonneville seat pan, adding 1" to the seat height. I'm 6'3", and was looking to add both standover height and seat to peg distance. I saw a picture of an old BSA with the seat raised and thought I'd try it on my T-100. What do you think?!

IMG_7541.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
You know looks cool to me. That's something I could use. I'm not that tall but I guess I got long legs and feel I could use more space between the top of the seat and the foot pegs. Nice job!

Funny you should raise that, as I was thinking the same about a week ago and emailed him.

Apparently he is now contracted for work om Bahrain and just returned. he has the parts and is now going to start putting it together.

So hopefully will be able to add pics soon.

That chrome strip makes the tank seam look more attractive too

Thanks for that. seat worn in now very nicely

Last edited:

strokerlmt

I picked up this Corbin from a gent who had it on a scrambler. I have never had a corbin, very nice quality, nicely put together. I must say though that when I did the 210 mile run up to Fremont last week I was expecting a tad more comfort from the seat. It was a little hard IMHO. Anyone have Corbin experience? Do they break in ?
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

Demar

Two Stroke
Stroker...

Over the 4th of July weekend I went to the Corbin factory in Hollister and bought that same seat in black with a slightly different stitch pattern. I haven't installed it on my T100 yet (I bought a new 2010 T100 on 6/28). I have been told they take a while to break-in and then are very comfortable after that; they are supposudly a bit stiff while new. Corbin had a 10% discount and that paid for my gas down and back.

Rick

koifarm

Hooligan
I picked up this Corbin from a gent who had it on a scrambler. I have never had a corbin, very nice quality, nicely put together. I must say though that when I did the 210 mile run up to Fremont last week I was expecting a tad more comfort from the seat. It was a little hard IMHO. Anyone have Corbin experience? Do they break in ?
LMT

Nice looking seat LMT, I've always liked the brown color and that seat looks like it has a more pocketed look to it, does that change your riding position all that much?

strokerlmt

Stroker...

Over the 4th of July weekend I went to the Corbin factory in Hollister and bought that same seat in black with a slightly different stitch pattern. I haven't installed it on my T100 yet (I bought a new 2010 T100 on 6/28). I have been told they take a while to break-in and then are very comfortable after that; they are supposudly a bit stiff while new. Corbin had a 10% discount and that paid for my gas down and back.

Rick

Rick...thx for the feed back.
LMT

strokerlmt

Nice looking seat LMT, I've always liked the brown color and that seat looks like it has a more pocketed look to it, does that change your riding position all that much?

Koi....
The riding position of the rider part of the seat is perfect for me. That is where I normally sit and the bac seat area is great for my day pack which I like better than a tank bag. I am thinking that when it is broken in it will be just fine. It is more of a flat seat than a rounded hump like on my black Hyde seat. Jury still out. The quality is excellent.
LMT

cantilever

Scooter
Here is a stock King and Queen - sent off to rick mayer to do his thing... this is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever used, and the thicker smooth vinyl lets you move around if you need. Starting with a stock seat might get a thinner seat, but you might sacrifice a little support / comfort.

bonnie01.jpg

bonnie02.jpg

bonnie06.jpg