My 2007 Bonneville crossed 30,000 miles yesterday night

mark66

TT Racer
Congrats, do you ever get off of that machine? My '03s got 2141mi and half of that is this summer.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Rock on brother! My '07 is just about at 17,000.... :)

A whole buncha you guys apparently spend more time on this site than you do on your bikes!!!

Betcha enjoyed all 30,000. I'm sitting at about 27,400 on my '07. Have you had your valves checked yet?

Oh yeah...definately good memories...and many more to come.

I skipped the 12K mark to check valves. I checked them at 24K...believe it or not...all still within spec! Only one of them seems to be getting close to one of the limits if I remember correctly. I guess I'll be taking the valve cover off for the second time 6,000 miles from now

Just did a 50,000klm service on my 2008 T100 last weekend, that's 31,000 miles in just 28 months. I'm really amazed at some of the low mileages you guys have on earlier models than mine - get out there and ride the damn things, that's the whole point of owning one isn't it? :scooter:

My excuse is that I have 2 other bikes, a truck and the pick of whatever I want from my bike rental shop. ;)

A lot of guys probably only get the time to ride at the weekends. Factor in that the unlucky Americans only get 2 weeks holidays/year as standard, plus a lot of people can't/won't ride in the winter, and you have your explanation for low mileages.

Cheers,

Pikey.

did you have any major work done to the bike in 30k miles?

Nope...she's practically all stock.

And how I got to 30K in only 2 years of ownership was a good amount of using it commute to and from work and even run errands if a car isn't necessary.

I hate driving 4 wheels and will only drive on 4 wheels if absolutely necessary. I probably only fill up my car once or twice a month. If doing a trackday where Im going by myself then maybe only 4 times totl within a month.

My best haul on bikes include a set of tires, E-track, and some groceries...and yes, I have gotten food through the drive thru.

Im trying find a way to combine 2 passions together...surfing and motorcycling. going to see if someone makes a surf rack for motorcycles.