Paint Job

Been wanting to do this for months. Studied technique samples on the web. Tried making samples of gold leaf and pinstripping but didn't come out predictable and clean. So stayed with what I know a little better, tape and airbrush. Kind of modern but still with the traditional stripe. The gold was water base AutoAir and the candy HOK. With some regular Dupont black and clear. Just braggin' but good therapy.

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Nothin' wrong with bragging if you can back it up. :) And you do. Like Lash, I can't paint either...anything like that for sure so when a DIY'er steps up and does a job like that...hats off man.
What kind of gun did you use? Any fancy water separator added to your air supply?

Last edited:
I used a DeVillebiss hvlp about $150.00 gun. Not expensive but not bargin brand either. Used two different Pashe airbrushes. Single action for the gold and double action to fade the black back into the gold to cover the overspray caused by applying the gold over the black initially. Not a expensive air setup either. 2hp 110 volt piston compressor with maybe 20 gallon tank and an auxillary 40 gallon tank for supply, never ran out of air pressure. Has a water trap incorporated in the regulator.
Thank you for the positive comments and interest.

mark66

TT Racer
Fantastic:up::up: Love the fade to black and can't wait to see the bike together. And I love those HOK kandys.

strokerlmt

extremely nice job......very unique.....not me but I sure appreciate what you have done and good on you for one more "unique" Bonneville.....
LMT

tezza

Street Tracker
looks good mate and ive been a spraypainter for 30yrs,love to see what people can do who are not trained .well done

Thank you everyone for the positive responses. I'm not a professional painter, and have a "make-do" shop, there is always, it seems, some error cropping up. But I enjoy the process and the results for awhile. It's amazing all the stuff you guys do to your bikes. There is so much variety to research for these bikes. Thanks again.