My new Triumph!

Bonafide

NBR founder
stroker ... it was extremely windy today. might of had something to with it, but I think it's just the stock wind screen. Way too much dirty air.

Rum - I'll be there for the demo days helping with leading/following the rides.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
stroker ... it was extremely windy today. might of had something to with it, but I think it's just the stock wind screen. Way too much dirty air.

Rum - I'll be there for the demo days helping with leading/following the rides.

Are you going Friday or Saturday?
You're not kidding it was WAY windy today. I felt some things today out on the Thruxton that I've never felt before... But had a smile all over my face.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
. I LOVE THIS BIKE. It's pure utilitarian. - Bonafide

Glad you love it....Not sure what you mean by"utilitarian."

Wind screens are like a science unto themselves and for anyone over 6 feet they tend to buffet unless customized. Buffeting never gets better on its own, but should be an easy fix.

I'm very jealous....

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
. I LOVE THIS BIKE. It's pure utilitarian. - Bonafide

Glad you love it....Not sure what you mean by"utilitarian."

It was my $4 word for the day. Being the ooze of Utility, Practical, Purposeful;

Definition of UTILITY
1: fitness for some purpose or worth to some end
2: something useful or designed for use

ssjones

750cc
Did another 80 or so miles, on some tight goat-trail road and then 20 miles of riding two up. Didnt even know GF was back there.
How about power-wise? You've had bigger and smaller displacement bikes. How does this one stack up? Is it satisfying enough for you?

Mahart

Two Stroke
I sat on one yesterday. It was very nice. I need to go back and ride their demo.

I also sat on the Diavel. It's comfy and very interesting. It's a standard and not a cruiser.

Bonafide

NBR founder
How about power-wise? You've had bigger and smaller displacement bikes. How does this one stack up? Is it satisfying enough for you?

It has P L E N T Y of power and I'm still short shifting it because of break in miles. Feels waay more torquey than the Ducati I had. Did I mention it will wheelie? It will. I'm shifting at 6k now .. and it'll get there fast. The transmission is close ratio. The red-line is 10k. I can only guess it'll be a handful once I get to actually use the entire rpm range.

Me, Thrux-ton-up, Sanjuro, GF, RumRunner and former S3 owner on his new R1 did 280 miles today across the north Georgia Mtns. Charged it up Hwy 129 (Blood Mtn) - and it not only has plenty of power (even tho I'm only using the lower rpms), handles beautifully, brakes ... I'd put them right where you would expect: better than a Bonnie, but they're not gonna compete with a 1-liter sport bike. They are good enough to throw you over the handle bars if you were snatch the piss out of them. And, it got 200 miles to a tank (47-48 miles per gallon) of spirited riding.

nohawk

Rocker
These ADV type bikes make sooo much sense and the new tiger is my favorite. I bet you rack miles up fast on it Bonafide. How does it sound? Alot like the other triples?

RumRunner

Street Tracker
It Sounds Really good... Albeit a little strange amongst a group of Twins. I could hear it coming over my Twin at 6K.

BTW. Had a GREAT time riding with you guys (and gal) today! See you next week at the Demo Truck.

I think I should stop reading threads like this, but then again, that's like saying I should stop looking at slutty women. :D

Bonafide

NBR founder
How does it sound? Alot like the other triples?

To me? Too quiet. sewing machine whirl-ly. The stock can is definitely muffling the crap out of it.
LeoVince is making a can and they have an audio clip (I like it) on their site. But Zard .. I like the narrow/oval design.
Zard exhaust video

I may be up there for the Demo rides.

Make sure you look me up. I plan on being there both days, helping out again with lead/follow for the ride groups.

irishrider60

Scooter
Based on your ride report it sounds like a bunch of people reading this will be giving this bike consideration. I have been looking at the 1050 and there are a number of bikes available and some are priced close to the 800. After reading your ride reports and looking closely at the 800 it is clear I need to do more homework. Thank you for your ride reports.

DandyDoug

750cc
Bonafide.

You might consider waiting a bit on the wind screen issue if you can put up with it. I am sure there will be several options available from the better aftermarket suppliers shortly.
Buffeting is a fickle thing to chase down, I tried several options of screen and a Laminer lip combination on my Wee Strom and never got it to where it was comfortable for me.
I'll bet if you wait there will be some slightly used screens on the market shortly after they are produced.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Bonafide.

You might consider waiting a bit on the wind screen issue if you can put up with it.

It wasnt AS bad on Sunday's ride. Saturday was really windy so it added to my perception. The screen induced dirty wind noise is still there. Kinda annoying and seems to be an issue with the owners world-wide. See this discussion link

Gonna say, it's about the only shortcoming the bike has .. well, the seat is kinda too soft for my preference and caused a little arse ache after 6 hrs of riding yesterday.

LINDY

Two Stroke
You might consider waiting a bit on the wind screen issue if you can put up with it. I am sure there will be several options available from the better aftermarket suppliers shortly.

Triumph's accessory High Screen is supposed to be more adjustable. Hopefully the demo truck will have one you can test before ordering.

nohawk

Rocker
I think the problem with the wee-strom is that the screen is just too far from the rider, maybe the same with the Tiger?