My new Triumph!

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
well .. the XC version is taller, has a different suspension, and more ground clearance. I didnt want spoke rims or particulars of dealing with tubed tires any more. I dont plan on putting my bike offroad (gravel maybe) and the solid/cast rims and streets tire were more well suited for my preferences. So glad Triumph mad two versions of the bike.

I took a test ride on the XC a few weeks back. Loved it!

My dealer didn't have a "roadie", so I can't compare the two.

I understand your choice of going with the cast/smaller wheel version, but was curious if you've ridden the XC and if so how they compared for you??

I actually think I might prefer the somewhat slower steering with the 21" front wheel and the longer suspension travel of the XC. As far as spoked wheels go… I figure I've gotten along with the Bonneville's for almost six years now without too much trouble.

My Bonneville has almost 36,000 mi on it now, and I've enjoyed the hell out of it, but damn… that 800 is calling out to me.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Yup - ridden both versions. The steering didnt feel slower on the XC (to me).

Two reasons I went with the A1 (roadie). The wheels and price. I have had MANY flats on my Bonnie and I'm tired of dealing with a tube tired bike on a regular basis - especially when I'm far from home. The price .. I dont like buying 'grouped' options. I prefer to mod my bikes to my personal flavor.

The stock windscreen still bugs me. The turbulence causes a lot of dirty and NOISY air. I took it off for a day and must say, 70% of the noise went away .. but I dont like the looks. Aftermarket is still limited - and from what it seems, will be expensive.

The bike initially got 47mpg even when I rang it's neck. I began having issues with it stalling at idle when hot. One slight blip of the throttle and it would shut off. Something about the idle program being too lean - blah blah - and a new ecu map would cure it. I decided while it's there for 500 mi service - lets go ahead slap an Arrow exhaust with no baffle on it and the re-mapping for it would resolve that lean idle issue. It did .. it also made my MPG average go from 47 mpg down to 38-39mpg average. Yes, THAT SUCKS when it's $4.00+ a gallon for fuel. How does it run? AMAZING.

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Thanks. I may go the same way as you, but I'll have to ride the Roadie before deciding.

Enjoy your new triple.

JRMSR

Scooter
Congratulations on the new bike Bonafide. Looks great, and you seem to really be enjoying it.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Arrows with no baffles has got to be music to the ears. Watch for leos though! :-}

It's not THAT loud. Just more of a sport bike sound. As for the LEOs ... the local Motors have the baffles removed from all their departmental issued bikes .. and you could say we're 'friends'. I doubt I'll be getting cited.

Congratulations on the new bike Bonafide. Looks great, and you seem to really be enjoying it.

Yup-yup. It's a blast!