Babes on errrr.....bicycles

RonL

Scooter
I donno why, but the brunette with the shoes has me really really mesmerized. She's absolutely gorgeous.

But we're missing the best part
img_9704.jpg

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Uh, I hate to say this but I'm starting to like this whole bicycling thing. :eek:
Sure its the bicycles you like? ;)
That girl's ass and legs rule...why men do the crazy things they do.
Love the bondage shoes as well. :)

Btw...not to dwell on bikes but the forum where this chick came from...which some won't get is about fixed gear bicycles which are a sub culture of cycling for so called hipsters...kind of what leadsled guys are to hotrodding. Fixie riders or fixed gear bikes, some without brakes or just a front brake which have no gears and direct drive are both loved and loathed in biking circles. To some its a cult and the only way to ride.

Last edited:

casper

Two Stroke
Sure its the bicycles you like? ;)
That girl's ass and legs rule...why men do the crazy things they do.
Love the bondage shoes as well. :)

Btw...not to dwell on bikes but the forum where this chick came from...which some won't get is about fixed gear bicycles which are a sub culture of cycling for so called hipsters...kind of what leadsled guys are to hotrodding. Fixie riders or fixed gear bikes, some without brakes or just a front brake which have no gears and direct drive are both loved and loathed in biking circles. To some its a cult and the only way to ride.

Thats it Chris.....we do like real cycling gals.....ones who actually do ride bikes eh?

I was wondering what the 'fixie' thing was too! I'm pushing up my riding miles on my Kona, in 500 miles my Brooks saddle may be starting to wear in...a little. But soon I'm off on with my wife on our epic Canadian Rockies journey :canada:

Sadly not on a bicycle or a motorcycle :( sob sob!

Casper

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Hi Casper,
The fixie scene is good in particular for young people with good knees ;) on a budget. They are easy to build out of old bikes, very low upkeep because no derailleurs to keep in tune etc. They are fun to ride if not a bit unusual because the pedals go around if your feet are on them or not. :) They teach proper riding technique because you have to stand when climbing and accelerating to overcome the taller gearing necessary to sustain higher speed. Also, have to watch pedal strikes in corners tho when leaning etc when most coast through on bikes with freewheel hubs. You may have noticed that single speed bikes have really supplanted fixies in popularity...also inexpensive and low complexity but you can coast. Virtually all little kids learn to ride on single speed bikes with coaster brakes and some adults still swear by them. Low or no gears builds leg strength but have to be careful about those knees. The key is to find the right gear ratio for the type of riding you do. When I built my 29er, I briefly considered building it as a 1 X 9 versus the 3 X 9 gear combo I went with. I like the more minimalist single chainring in front but at the end of the day when facing a long climb, nice to have a lower gear if needed and big ring when descending. Also, this is a great bike to mount slicks on for fast urban riding...what I take on vacation. The big ring is necessary to keep up with roadies who like to drop guys on mountain bikes. :) Gears are good. :)
I have been trying to ride everyday weather permiting. Its road bike with my buddies tonight. On rest days its the bonnie. :)
A couple of pics below of my bike when in progress. Casper, if your body complains about riding off road on an Al 26er...try a Ti 29er...astounding difference in how I feel after a long ride.

Attachments

• Moto on Stand 1.jpg
    Moto on Stand 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Moto Build 1.jpg
    Moto Build 1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Crown Race Install 2 Resize.jpg
    Crown Race Install 2 Resize.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Thats it Chris.....we do like real cycling gals.....ones who actually do ride bikes eh?

I was wondering what the 'fixie' thing was too! I'm pushing up my riding miles on my Kona, in 500 miles my Brooks saddle may be starting to wear in...a little. But soon I'm off on with my wife on our epic Canadian Rockies journey :canada:

Sadly not on a bicycle or a motorcycle :( sob sob!

Casper

Hey Casper, have you thought about renting one for a day or two? Might just put the frosting on the cake as far as your trip goes. Of course you'll have to convince your wife it's a good idea, or maybe she enjoys a little 2 up ride now and then. Just a thought.

casper

Two Stroke
Hey Casper, have you thought about renting one for a day or two? Might just put the frosting on the cake as far as your trip goes. Of course you'll have to convince your wife it's a good idea, or maybe she enjoys a little 2 up ride now and then. Just a thought.

Mark

thanks mate, yes, I may try that one, if not, well, maybe a skidoo on a glacier :) !!!!!

I guess the main thing when you go on holiday is to not try and do too much but enjoy what you actually do? I am just into the scenery really.

Chris,

thanks for the bike details and again good to see what you are doing with your bikes. I did come across a single speed belt drive, I think it was a 'Trek'. I must admit it did seem interesting.

Although I buy a fair bit of bike stuff on ebay, heres a link to one of our bicycle shops 'Evans'. I seem to calculate, we seem to pay more for our bikes on this side of the pond than you do in the USA?

http://www.evanscycles.com/

Anyway, we have a nice Autumn here in the UK which is allowing me to get out and about on my cycle and my Scrambler Bonneville!

Safe riding you guys.

Casper

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Hi Casper...
Yeah, ebay is about the best one stop shopping place for bike building. Pretty much every part is there you would want from cheap to exotic. Components can also be purchased in groups but if discriminating and you know what spec parts you need, best to purchase everything separately. I try to buy pretty much all stuff new because buying used can be a slippery slope. Rode last nice with my buds in 90 deg F heat and high humidity and it was pretty brutal. Rode too hard for the conditions.
The joke in cycling is....cycling feels good twice...first when you do it and then when you stop. No doubt you can relate. Most of us end up pushing ourselves harder in a group than we do out solo riding :)

Last edited:

casper

Two Stroke
Chris,

most of my riding on a bicycle is solo, but a few biking buddies also have bicycles, so we're going for a hybrid ride in October. I am keeping a log of miles covered, only done just under 100 miles on my Brooks saddle, 400 more until its 'broken in' eh?

Here is one for the album....Dylan on his Triumph T100 in about 1964/5 when he lived in Woodstock New York....

dylan_triumph.jpg

Not a babe on a bike but thought you and folks on the forum would like it... :)

From a blog (not mine)
http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/2009/01/highway-61-revisitedon-triumph.html

I'm off to get my packing done, the Canadian Rockies beckon.

Casper :)

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Just a great pic of Dylan on an early bonny. Love his music and the Meridian bikes really stirred my early passion for motorcycling.

As to Brooks saddles, they don't feel good to many right out of the box, but they do to me...which is quite a rarity because there are few saddles I can ride as far as a Brooks without pain. I can write volumes on bicycle fit which is critical to not only performance but comfort and injury prevention but suffice to say Brooks fore/aft position and tilt in particular are critically important. A degree tilt change is the difference from riding comfortably with reduced hand pressure versus sliding down the saddle onto the nose. This is why I am a huge proponent of 2 bolt micro adjustable seat posts which allows tuning saddle tilt perfectly. Thomson is my favorite micro adjustable post...they make great stems as well...American company and American components are in the minority of all the parts on my bikes. Only downside with Thomson posts is they have a long seat clamp which is limiting with a Brooks because they have a short fore/aft adjustment range due to short seat rails. This is why offset and frame selection is key to achieve knee over spindle as close as possible if riding a Brooks saddle. New Brooks as you know are a bit slippery. A suggestion is...ride with the nose as high as possible without putting undo pressure on your perineum. Not running too low a handlebar helps. Handlebar height is key for not only hand but saddle comfort. The ellusive balance is...bars too low and too much hand pressure. By contrast, bars too high and too much weight on the saddle promoting pain and loss of pedal stroke efficiency. Bicycle fit is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum that can be solved with relentless trial and error.
Cheers.
PS: Profide your Brooks sparingly. Many make the mistake of using too much which weakens the grain of the leather causing the saddle to slump in the middle. 1-2 times a year is enough.

Last edited:

casper

Two Stroke
Chris,

thanks for the advice, especially on cycle sitting / riding position. I am using the standard Kona seatpost with the Brooks (flyer B17 model) and it seems OK. I have probably only done about just under 100 miles, the tip about not giving it too much leather dressing will be taken on board. Thank you. I think I may need to raise my handlebar stem ; but I'll see how it pans out.

I want to get some serious miles in, when I bought the Kona, the guy who I bought it from had purchased it new for his girlfriend and she'd never ridden it. So I have got to give it some treatment and use that beast :D

Here is another Dylan shot:

Triumph_motorbike__summer_64.jpg

Take care mate.

Casper

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Even though Dylan doesn't do it justice like McQueen sure could, to me the Meridian bonneville is still the most beautiful motorcycle ever penned. Honorable mention to the Paul Smart Ducatti. ;)