DSC02650.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Sex on wheels....

ThruxNJ

Two Stroke
How many of those did they make? I'll be spraying mine white soon. I've got the fenders done. The front is off a scrambler and the rear is off of a bonnie. I'll picking up some Ivory 68 side covers and the only thing left will he to send out the tank to paint. White looks great!

dave1068

Two Stroke
2010 Thruxton: arrow exhaust, flyscreen, napolean mirrors (bike was at a HD dealer)

Attachments

• 2010 thruxton 003.jpg
    2010 thruxton 003.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2010 thruxton 001.jpg
    2010 thruxton 001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0

JRMSR

Scooter
Looks good but it also looks like it might impinge on ground clearance if you do a track day. Any comments on this aspect?
Secondly, we have often found that sound waves rattle around creating funny noises when the exhaust outlet finishes short of the muffler end as it does on this system. Comments?
Lastly, what was the weight saving and have you done any before and after dyno runs? The pipe looks similar to the pipe on the Norman Hyde Triumph special. Dave (Noosa)

Marcel if you don't mind.

Well they don't, I've got a set and they're hand made. They give the same if not better ground clearance then the Arrow Exhaust, I also own.

No funny noises just the sweet sound of a twin. No rattles, no funny sounds the pipes are solid. If you want to actually hear the exhaust then got to this

Full stainless steel exhaust and weight savings from stock was almost 10 lbs. I do have some dyno runs with the Arrow vs Urbane Exhaust but you're going to have to wait a bit until they're posted. The difference was in the range of 7-9 hp leaning towards the Urbane which is relative.

Allot depends upon the tune of you're individual bike. Since my Thruxton is a TPUSA 904, with their Pro Street Plus head, 813S cams and FCR 39's minor adjustment can make a large difference. Altitude also has a large role in what you'll actually see and of course the dyno used.

The Urbane Exhaust is solid built and a great performer. Head pipes are 2" in diameter. It's hand constructed and features a completely different head pipe to exhaust port bolt up. It doesn't use a typical exhaust flange. It uses a flange ring, which is part of the head pipe. The standard flange nuts are used which overlap the ring and hold it in place as well if not better than then a standard flange. Quicker access and less parts. Head pipe to exhaust port seal is perfect no leaks or blowby.

I happen to have it off at the moment so here are some detailed photos;

Last edited:

JRMSR

Scooter
As you can see the baffle is all stainless steel no fiberglass wrapping and is non removable. It is very similar to the Arrow in this respect. The head pipe reduces to the standard exhaust port diameter and flows considerable better than the standard diameter pipe. There are bungs added to each head pipe for the lambda probes for EFI or plugged for my purposes on a carbed model. Everything is slip fitted with tight tolerances and no leaks.

It's pricey but well worth the expense. Welds are spot on and very clean, which is what you'd expect for the cost. I was very fortunate to be able to get the exhaust with the most gracious help of Marcel who put me in touch with Richard. The Hyde Harrier exhaust is also produced by Urbane Exhaust. Richard is a honorable top-notch individual and makes regular appearances at the Ace Cafe in London. He has a mobile dyno they use for competitions in the Ace Cafe Parking lot once a month. I can't say enough about his work and his demeanor. He's a super individual. If you decide to go this direction you won't be sorry.

Motley

750cc
I'm glad somebody is gettin' some good rides in. It looks like my season is over. I can't get an HT coil until late November. At least I can still ride the dirt bike.

Have fun.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Here's a few pictures of my Thruxton after she's had a few of her bits Powder Coated "Wet" Black by Thrux-ton-up.

RightSide.jpg

RightSide3.jpg

RightSide2.jpg

LeftSide.jpg

FrontPic.jpg

Sexy Shot...
Tail.jpg

We did:
The Covers (Clutch, Valve, Alternator, & Sprocket)
Heel Guard
Steering Stabilizer brackets
Ignition Switch Bracket
Headlight Brackets
Sliders

More parts on the next go around, then eventually the wheels...

Last edited:

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Very nice! Which fender elimination kit did you use?

That's a British Customs kit, that I modified a little. It was a nice little kit that was a snap to install. I did it within a few of when I bought her back in 09, so I can't remember exactly how long it took but it wasn't long at all.