Official Thruxton Picture Thread

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Sweet lookin' Thruxton RR. The gloss black engine bits really set it off.

Motley,

Thanks, just trying to decide what to do with the silver engine cases. If I could get it clean enough I think I'd like it, but right now I'm on the fence if I should go flat black, or wrinkle black on the engine case itself.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Wonderful bike! Do you have larger than stock fork gaiters on that bike?

Nope they're the same diameter as the old BMW ones I had before (Loved the quality of them) but just shorter to work with the fork brace that I'm using. They're "Super Gaiters" from Bella Corse.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Here's my '04 Thruxton last fall:

picture.php

I've since gone to a single Acewell clock in order to have a speedo again and pulled the bars/went back to clip ons.

Cheers,

--Rich

beemerrich

Street Tracker
The only other pic I have on this computer is of the right side prior to fitting the second caliper:

picture.php

Just moved to a new (old) house and my camera is in a box somewhere, so I'm probably not going to have the opportunity to get current pics for some time yet. The forks & wheels are off a 97 Honda CBR600F3 and are installed in the stock thruxton triple trees (the honda also has 41mm forks). Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Regards,

--Rich

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
@ Ripcode. Nice ride. Are those pipes TORs?

Was riding in to Whitehall last friday after running through owasippe and passed a black thrux going the other way...so there's a growning population of thruxtons in our neck of the woods (at least 3 or 4 now). If you haven't ridden up there in a while, Muskegon county decided to chipseal russel road, so that's one to avoid 'til next year.

Enjoy your new machine.

Cheers,

--Rich

Ripcode

Scooter
@ Ripcode. Nice ride. Are those pipes TORs?

Was riding in to Whitehall last friday after running through owasippe and passed a black thrux going the other way...so there's a growning population of thruxtons in our neck of the woods (at least 3 or 4 now). If you haven't ridden up there in a while, Muskegon county decided to chipseal russel road, so that's one to avoid 'til next year.

Enjoy your new machine.

Cheers,

--Rich

Rich. Yes, those are TORs. I'm seriously considering the Arrow 2 into 2 for next Spring.

Funny, I was in GR last Saturday!

And thanks for the heads up on Russell road.
icon14.gif

beemerrich

Street Tracker
There's a set of arrows on the TRAT forum right now....not sure how soon you were thinking about changing, but these are @ $700 (& falling):

http://www.triumphrat.net/for-sale-...7617-blackandtans-arrow-2-into-2-exhaust.html

If you come to GR again on the bike, make it on Sunday morning and stop by Common Ground coffee house...bikes gather there starting about 9 am. It would be great to have more british machines. I'll be there this weekend, but am absent at least 1/2 the time while off boating in Whitehall.

Cheers,

--Rich

Ripcode

Scooter
There's a set of arrows on the TRAT forum right now....not sure how soon you were thinking about changing, but these are @ $700 (& falling):

http://www.triumphrat.net/for-sale-...7617-blackandtans-arrow-2-into-2-exhaust.html

If you come to GR again on the bike, make it on Sunday morning and stop by Common Ground coffee house...bikes gather there starting about 9 am. It would be great to have more british machines. I'll be there this weekend, but am absent at least 1/2 the time while off boating in Whitehall.

Cheers,

--Rich

I saw those. I can't get past the scuffs.

If I can make it out on a Sunday, I'll check with you ahead of time. Would love to see your bike in person.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Yeah, exhaust pipes are like any other wear part in my book....1/2 of new is where I set my price point & then go down from there should there be issues. These may get to that point since I don't see anyone lining up to buy...

Rich. Yes, those are TORs. I'm seriously considering the Arrow 2 into 2 for next Spring.[/IMG]

If I had it to do over, the Arrow 2 into 2 would be my choice. Not the most retro syled exhaust, but damn if they don't sound good with the baffles out.

That's a nice looking machine Ripcode.

ThruxNJ

Two Stroke
Done for now. The jury isn't out yet on the removal of the front fender and side covers. I feel it really ties everything together.

Fear not Thruxton purists. I kept everything and when I get bored of the flat tracker look it I can put her back to her former clip on glory.

Attachments

• IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0

Skeeter

Rocker
couple pics i have

Attachments

• 20130821_171325.jpg