Finally! Summer weather

koifarm

Hooligan
It's finally here!! yesterday was good today is better, 75 degrees, puffy clouds and finally got on the bike after months of freezing shit, and weather as well....
Managed 130 miles, lots of bikes out on the road, went down to the St. Johns River and did Hy 13 up to Green Cove, over the bridge and stopped for a bite at a local dive. Headed back home, brilliant day, lots of other bikes and felt good to finally twist a throttle....
Only bad part was just as I finished airing the tires, dropped the air chuck and it broke! Hose went snaking around till I stopped it, small price to pay for a glorious day! I know all you Florida boys are out there doing the same....for you Northerners, guaranteed it's on it's way up there! Spoke with a c/s rep for LL Bean over a hat return and she said snow was still on the ground but it was 60 in Maine today...that's great news!!
:cheer:

T-boy

Rocker
Jealous...jealous...jealous!!!!!!!!! Still too much salt residue on the roads here, but the temps are do-able. Forecast is calling for cold and freezing rain and snow. I hope they're wrong.

T-boy

Rocker
How long till the salt gets off the roads Tboy? Need a couple of good rains?

Yup...usually wait 'til 2 good rains. Hopefully come March I'll dust her off and hit the road. I'll tolerate the cold down to 42 degrees. Enjoy your ride, my friend.

ssjones

750cc
It hit 70 degrees today here in Western MD. Geez, almost Florida like! I rode to work (57 degrees in the AM) and than ran some errands. I put on about a 100 miles, which worked some of the gas out of my full tank. I have to do my valves this weekend and always forget to let the tank get low...
It was great to ride with jeans and a jacket, no face mask. But, cold weather returns tomorrow and possibly snow/rain on Tuesday. Oh well, one day is better than none. 12/31 was the last time I rode here and that was freezing...

koifarm

Hooligan
Boy, am I jealous!
I just checked and we have -21 Celsius, that's -6 F I think.
I'll just have to chill out. ;)

Holy Batman Alia, reckon you don't need a fridge, just leave the windows open....that's just brutal....how do you keep the pipes from freezing solid?

koifarm

Hooligan
I put 50 miles on today, the back roads were total shit, the main roads were okay it was 65 degrees. Nice

It's getting there Sal, won't be long now....I can fondly remember living in Milwaukee and driving a bike all winter long....only took one winter, one slip on the ice and a sidecar was attached immediately for winter use. Back then there were no fancy clothes, a snowmobile suit was the best you could do and that with thermal undies on...still cold but bearable for a young'un. Used to take me an hour to warm up on getting home..brrrrr

Here's a link to an aviation weather map, interesting to compare temps of your friends and relations....enjoy...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Nice to hear your getting summer weather Koi....got to 61 here yesterday but it's gone now. It was 35 this morning and just had a quick snow squall blow through. That spring like weather yesterday is a damn tease....gets me all excited and then BAM it's gone.

KingBear

Hooligan
Yeah buddy, like Jones said it was gorgeous in MD yesterday. I took a comp day after traveling all week and rode all afternoon in 70+degree weather. And that was after spending the week in Arizona driving a convertible Mustang all over town!

T-boy

Rocker
Screw the salt!!!! Just got back from a 25 mile jaunt. The roads were basically dry and the temp was in the low 40's but sunny. There's nothing like that first ride of the year. Come on spring!

koifarm

Hooligan
Man,looks like spring is sprunging all over the place....hate to rub it in but I did another 140 miles today, superb weather, a bit cool (71) but refreshing, tons of bikers on the roads, my left arm is cramped from signaling to other bikers, I need one of those "waving hands" to mount to my mirror....you know, kinda like the bobble head dolls....

dschief

750cc
It was nice yesterday in the 70's, today was around 50 but windy as hell. No riding today, we took the wifes car to the store and we had tree branches hitting us as we drove. Fuck that on a bike!

slowgator

750cc
, tons of bikers on the roads,

Noticed all the bikers too; will probably see more and more as Bike Week in Daytona nears. I will be there on opening day Friday, March 4 for my annual rites of Spring! Bike Week and spring training for the boys of summer; does it get any better? :)

Holy Batman Alia, reckon you don't need a fridge, just leave the windows open....that's just brutal....how do you keep the pipes from freezing solid?

No freezing problem. Everything's built to cope with the winters we have here. That would be except for me, I feel I was made to live in a place a lot warmer.

koifarm

Hooligan
Noticed all the bikers too; will probably see more and more as Bike Week in Daytona nears. I will be there on opening day Friday, March 4 for my annual rites of Spring! Bike Week and spring training for the boys of summer; does it get any better? :)

Hey Slowgator, I'll get down there at some point, have a witness thing at a trial that may interfere but there is usually a sidecar rally at the flea market I'd like to get to. Have to wait and see but I'll follow your posts and if there's a possibility we can hook up. Traffic is picking up here but gets really intense as the day draws closer, motels here are all booked, the city even ropes off the town square to accommodate all the bikers in town....

koifarm

Hooligan
No freezing problem. Everything's built to cope with the winters we have here. That would be except for me, I feel I was made to live in a place a lot warmer.

I know that feeling, having moved from Northern Wisconsin in '69 to Florida growing tired of the cold winter weather with all that accompanies that.
I could even stand moving further south like Belize or Cozumel or even Zihuatanejo on the Pacific side of Mexico, nice place...stay warm my brother....spring is coming...soon those lovely Scandinavian blondes will be seeking the sun....