10,000 miles 22 days

buckie

Scooter
Just got back from my around the country trip, 10,000 miles on the 2001 Bonnie. It was fantastic and now that I'm home I will be able to post pics in a day or two. Only problem with the bike was the turn signal relay. Went out after the first 2000 miles, replaced it at $65.00, then got caught in a thunderstorm and it went out again, another $65.00, Triumph is really proud of their shit! Just a caution, make sure the relay has dielectric grease on it and also is mounted so the water doesn't drain into the relay, the bracket that held mine broke causing the problem. Avon roadriders, rear tire is worn down, but 10,000 miles, not bad. Also, if you use a aluminum rear sprocket, be prepared to replace it after about 10,000 miles. Anyway, it was a great trip. I was one of the smaller bikes out there, but she performed like a champ!

Looking forward to the pics. 10,000 miles in 22 days would be an accomplishment in a car even!

If this will help anyone else, you don't need the "Triumph" turn signal flasher. You can use a matching replacement from any auto parts place, for much less money.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I want to gooooooooooooooooooo! My forthcoming tires would last about 6 k I reckon though. Turn signals. . I don't have em anyway.

Looking forward to some photos! hope it was a blast!

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Impressive. Man that's a lot of miles in a short time on a naked std in particular.
Congrats on the safe trip and hope you post pics.
Stock seat? Any butt ache?