New side covers

strokerlmt

These are the plastic ones that I cut down. Sanded primed and just flat blk painted. BTW does anyone have a spare rubber grommet for the side covers that I could purchase. I had one bounce across the floor and into a drain, 1 in 10,000 tries would not have done that.
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1

ggRAT

Street Tracker
LMT,

I lost one of mine, too, but found a replacement at Lowe's (or maybe it was Home Depot) in one of those many, small nuts/bolts drawers. Good luck.

GREG

strokerlmt

RAT....thx I knew I had seen them somewhere.....
CHRIS....full on shot Sunday....
PS...the ACE Bars are off....tooooo much for me....the Mbars are back on and they are definitely my favorite.....upsidedown for short runs....reg for longer trips.
LMT

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Beautiful and distinctive. That thing rocks Lash. Looking over the bike, I am hard pressed to see a part you haven't modified! Dam...you are a serious case of motorhead OCD. Bad news...there is no cure. :)
I look forward to your other bike. Remember...you need the lightened frame...not the girlfriend. :)
PS: just went for my maiden ride with new Hyde rearsets. Still dialing in the position and a bit fiddley to install but so far, so good.

Question about your bike Lash. Do you have a custom Speedo/Tach mounting bracket? Speedo and Tach seem to sit lower than normal..or maybe my crooked eye.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Speed.....I have a D9 creation......bike jewelry
LMT

PS.....not sure what problem you are having with the NH rear sets....mine just bolted on ??????

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
D9 makes sweet stuff. No problem with the NH rearsets per se. I would have designed them a bit different although the design is pretty good. The top large allen bolt head interferes with the shift lever if you like to adjust the lever up a bit higher which I prefer.
This can be resolved by spacing out the footpeg by one washer thickness. You have your shift lever pointed pretty far down so perhaps this is a non issue for you Lash.
Cheers.
PS: shifting action sure is different...a longer throw and greater mechanical advantage for less effort.
I am already considering another member's approach and changing the footpegs for a bit more leg room.
The rubber pegs that come with the Hyde kit are pretty tall relative to centerline.
See below:

Attachments

• IMG_0002-2.jpg
    IMG_0002-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

strokerlmt

I tend to point my toes down a little so I like the shifter where it is. I also like the rubber NH pegs....for me at least less road/engine vibration.
LMT
PS....BTW it is Lach but I was kinda getting used to Lash....has a fast ring to it.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
I tend to point my toes down a little so I like the shifter where it is. I also like the rubber NH pegs....for me at least less road/engine vibration.
LMT
PS....BTW it is Lach but I was kinda getting used to Lash....has a fast ring to it.
Understand about the toe point thing. Foot controls are kind of personal preference. I am adjusting to the rearsets and now have the position of the shifter and brake lever dialed in after a bit of test riding. No question my feet are in a more natural position now for spirited riding because it is easier to bend from the hips and get body weight forward and head lower albeit the pegs are a bit high for my long legs. I know experimenting with other bikes that a lower peg position isn't necessarily better tho because legs provide leverage for holding the torso up and taking weight off the hands. Much easier to reach the stock handlebars with the rearsets because now my hips are less restrained and the stock handlebar feels good to me rolled back. Will likely experiment with different bars later and maybe go with the M bar as you have or the stock Thruxton bar. I spaced out the shift lever by a washer thickness to get the shifter position how I like it as shown. I also replaced the stock hex bolts on the shifter linkage with stainless allen cap screws for a cleaner look and relocated the shifter rod to outboard of the shifter lever tab for a straighter orientation which in my experience provides better shifter and less binding of the orbital ball ends. Looks as though Hyde redesigned the splined shifter arm with less offset which makes this change work. Our shifter positions aren't radically different but the top allen bolt interferes without slight spacing out. One nice thing about the Hyde shifter is not only does it provide better leverage for crisper shifting but the lever position can be dialed in more precisely than the shorter stock lever connected right to the shifter rod spline.
Sorry about messing up your name Lach.
Cheers.
Just got the bike back on the road after having the front forks off and relocating the ignition and adding the rearsets and feels good and enjoying the new mods...though still reaching for the old switch position when shuting off the bike. :)
Quick pics below...a lot more stock than yours. :) I think you would agree the rearsets look more correct on these bikes.

Attachments

• T100 mods 8-04-10 044 Resize.jpg
    T100 mods 8-04-10 044 Resize.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
  • T100 mods 8-04-10 058 Resize.jpg
    T100 mods 8-04-10 058 Resize.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
  • T100 mods 8-04-10 047 Resize.jpg
    T100 mods 8-04-10 047 Resize.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

strokerlmt

Speedyyyy.....the more I look at your bike the more I like your tank color.
I wonder what a black head lite bucket with a white/cream head lite rim to match the tank color would look like??????
LMT

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks Lach. I like the range of colors on the bonnie and Thruxton but am partial to the black and white. The all black looks very nice as well...so many good colors out there.
Quit giving me ideas to take my bike apart again. ;) That may look very nice in fact...very popular to paint the bucket black as you know. If I open that light up one more time in the next few weeks, I will have to be commited. ;) Maybe a good winter project tho. Next project is to swiss cheese the chain guard. :) The problem is, I have such ecclectic taste, that I may end up taking my bike down to pieces and changing every part like another member here I know. ;)
Best Regards Lach.
PS: Time permiting I will post a photoshop of your suggestion.

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Lach...what do you think? I believe the black headlight may look better. Don't believe I would go to the ivory color ring tho...hard to find the paint? Is powdercoating the headlight bucket the best approach?
Have a look:

T100mods8-04-10BlackHeadlight.jpg

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Personally I like the bucket black. Your eye goes to the tank easily. I have powder coated and rattle canned a couple of buckets both with good results.
Itsssss justtttt me .....not trying to mess with your head. I would go to a rattle can site and get a can that is as close to the Tri cream as possible. Then sand, prime and paint the rim.......it would look great and would be very unique. Don't think I have seen that scheme.
LMT

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks...maybe on the list for this winter. Since my bike has been apart lately...now time to ride for a while. :)

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Chainguard questions...

Lach,
I would like your advice please. Have a look at the photoshop below of my bike.
What I did was take the chainguard you used to have on your highly modified bonnie and transpose it onto my bike. That is the look I seek. I believe the gun metal gray color adds a bit of texture to my bike and like the look of the holes complementing my Sixty-8 sprocket cover. What do you think? I don’t want to delete the guard because my girlfriend rides on the back on occasion and why I keep the 2 up seat on there as well.

Also…what kind of hole saw did you use and any advice there? I believe my two options for drilling sheet metal are…a conventional hole saw…like a wood hole saw with an arbor for drilling a front door knob set on a house…only for metal…or…a Christmas tree shaped, multiple hole size, bit that you plunge to the depth of the hole diameter you prefer. Which do you recommend?

Thanks

T100withChainguard.jpg

strokerlmt

I like that chain guard. For me......I would paint it black. You have chrome, black and cream. I would not introduce another color. Let your eye go to the black rear fender go to the blk chain guard to the black front fender. I drilled the 2 smaller holes at each end first.....screwed the guard down to a piece of lumber.....then I used a high grade metal hole saw and slowly cut the holes. Then I sanded the shit out of it and rattle canned it several times with fine grit sand paper in between.
LMT
BTW.....that black and cream head lite bucket looks great. ;-)

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Great idea about drilling the small holes first and then screwing the guard down to a board...what I will do and thanks for the tip.

What kind of a hole saw did you use Lach? Is it like the pic below only with an arbor and pilot small diameter drill bit?
Also, what diameter saw did you go with for the large holes?
Thanks

Attachments

• Metal Hole Saw.jpg
    Metal Hole Saw.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

yes I used hole saw with a drill bit. I think it was 1.25 inch. I just picked the largest I could use to get the most chain exposure.
Good luck.....
LMT

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
yes I used hole saw with a drill bit. I think it was 1.25 inch. I just picked the largest I could use to get the most chain exposure.
Good luck.....
LMT

Now I have my scissors and paper out cutting out little hole patterns to figure out what's pretty. :eeek: A bit artsier than I like to be. :)
Thanks for your help on this Lach.