Cafe Racer Project / Style

Oh yeah, and ditch the air box. You wont believe the difference in power once you get the EFI coded for it.

That is, if powers what you want!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Oh yeah, and ditch the air box. You wont believe the difference in power once you get the EFI coded for it.

That is, if powers what you want!

Scared about this mod sound like you can spend heaps of $$$$ getting it right, it is powerful enough for me at the min but that is not to say I will not venture there in the future thanks for your opinion on the gaitors I think I will not install them.

Kind regards Ben Dickens:worthy:

tezza

Street Tracker
I like them ,they look period perfect on british bikes,even if their new bonnies. still personal choice really

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Scared about this mod sound like you can spend heaps of $$$$ getting it right, it is powerful enough for me at the min but that is not to say I will not venture there in the future thanks for your opinion on the gaitors I think I will not install them.

Kind regards Ben Dickens:worthy:

Guys I need some real convincing on the airbox removal due to the efi buisiness, who has done it and what experiences have they had good/bad. Also is it a job for the professional or the weekend biker! the performance sounds great but I dont want to open pandora's box and spend heaps trying to fix something that I didn't need too.:shh::headbang2:

Still real confused bout the rubber gaitors too I am not sure weather it will look good with my bike with the look ?????

sportyone

Street Tracker
Still real confused bout the rubber gaitors too I am not sure weather it will look good with my bike with the look ?????

as your bike is a later EFI version with lots of modern accessories, digital gauges, mag wheels etc,
perhaps they won't suit mate. :shh:

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Guys I need some real convincing on the airbox removal due to the efi buisiness, who has done it and what experiences have they had good/bad. Also is it a job for the professional or the weekend biker! the performance sounds great but I dont want to open pandora's box and spend heaps trying to fix something that I didn't need too.:shh::headbang2:

you can either pussyfoot about it and not do it now, or get pipes a tune and then down the road do it anyway. Talk to carlos or someone else that works with the new EFI bikes and ask him what tune to use etc etc and get your knowledge that way. The most expensive bit will be the tuning is by guess if you do it all yourself (sawzall and dremel work) As for the gaitors. Just search through the photos on here and make your decision.

If you buy a kit its much easier than you might think. Undo some bolts, pull the box, put in the new stuff.

Then you just take the thing to a shop and get the tune done. Tuning a carburetor bike is a lot more work than an EFI bike and mine was dynod, and tuned for four hours and it cost me $200.

They should be able to tune yours in 30 minutes.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
as your bike is a later EFI version with lots of modern accessories, digital gauges, mag wheels etc,
perhaps they won't suit mate. :shh:

No digital guages but yeah I agree, they are going straight to the poolroom. Dropping bike off saturday should have it back mid to late next week then hopefully some sun and time to catch up and go for a ride flinders red hill run latte and meet you mate. I will give ya a call when I get her back installed the MONZA Gas Cap yesterday, looks sweet and well made product but a little expensive but I must not forget its my bike and I love it. Regards Ben Dickens:cya:

sportyone

Street Tracker
No digital guages but yeah I agree, they are going straight to the poolroom. Dropping bike off saturday should have it back mid to late next week then hopefully some sun and time to catch up and go for a ride flinders red hill run latte and meet you mate. I will give ya a call when I get her back installed the MONZA Gas Cap yesterday, looks sweet and well made product but a little expensive but I must not forget its my bike and I love it. Regards Ben Dickens:cya:

good one, mate, look forward to catching up,
a monza cap, cool, they really set off the tank IMO too.
what are you having done this time ?

cheers :)

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Equipment To Be Fitted During Next Week

good one, mate, look forward to catching up,
a monza cap, cool, they really set off the tank IMO too.
what are you having done this time ?

cheers :)

Getting the following fitted below also found a cool site for shocks and stuff it is http://www.triumphperformanceparts.com.au never heard of it before but check it out for cheap shocks & PARTS - expensive shipping charges we usually pay Sweet

Ace Bars
Billet Black Triumph Reserviour
Brushed Aluminium Cam Cover
New Grips
New Clutch and Brake Leavers
Lever Bracket Tidy Ups To Remove Mirror Holes
New 7/8th Handlebar Risers
Bike Service Off Course Some Nice Oil and Stuff

Pics Attached Including NEW MONZA GAS CAP ENJOY DA PICS:popcorn:

More INFO ON AIRBOX REMOVAL KIT NARK, BRITISH CUSTOMS KIT ETC APPRECIATED GREATLY. IF YOU HAVE AN EFI AND DID IT HOW DID IT GO DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AND ARE THE BENIFITS WORTH WHILE?????

Kind Regards Ben Dickens:):headbang2::cya:

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sportyone

Street Tracker
Getting the following fitted below also found a cool site for shocks and stuff it is http://www.triumphperformanceparts.com.au never heard of it before but check it out for cheap shocks & PARTS

Hey Ben,

don't too carried away with this new site, they show only a mobile number, and no address or location, some parts take 14 odd days for delivery, so what's new or better ? not sure of the benefits ?
it appears they just are just importing the stuff from the sites where we currently buy direct from anyway and add their costs, most stuff I looked at, was just as expensive or even more expensive than buying direct and it's mostly the same stuff too !
take a Dart flyscreen for instance, they want $149.95, yet we can by them direct from Steve Sneddon @ Dart in the UK, delivered in 4 days, for $119.00 all up ? just on observation mate ! :shh:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hey Ben,

don't too carried away with this new site, they show only a mobile number, and no address or location, some parts take 14 odd days for delivery, so what's new or better ? not sure of the benefits ?
it appears they just are just importing the stuff from the sites where we currently buy direct from anyway and add their costs, most stuff I looked at, was just as expensive or even more expensive than buying direct and it's mostly the same stuff too !
take a Dart flyscreen for instance, they want $149.95, yet we can by them direct from Steve Sneddon @ Dart in the UK, delivered in 4 days, for $119.00 all up ? just on observation mate ! :shh:

Just noted there prices on shocks seemed very reasonable and in considering upgrading my rear shocks with ikons or hagons they seemed cheap as importing would easily cost 50-80 usd, but noted on the other accessories. I have never seen the site before so I thought I would share it with you guys.

DID YOU LIKE THE MONZA GAS CAP?

Kind Regards Ben Dickens:headbang2:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
YES, IT'S COOL MATE ! :cheer:
:worthy::cheer:

AIRBOX REMOVAL EFI BIKES WHO HAS DONE IT AND IS IT WORTH IT, THE PROCESS AND HOW MUCH ITS COST? :chair::worthy:

Bonne is at the mechanic getting the work done should have it back wed or thurs, I will post some nice pics with the new work completed. I want it back now and it is strange not having my bike there to ride! Some help with the EFI Airbox removal stuff would be great I am unsure of what to do as I don't want to create a problem and spend big $$$ as I have spent enough on the mods so far but if the benefits are that good I will down the track all help greatly appreciated!!!

Kind Regards Ben:cya:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok so decision made on the airbox, I will wait until the ecu maps are common and things are sorted out and then consider this upgrade. I have also made a decision on some shocks after many months of research. I have decided to save the extra and get some Hagon Nitro shocks as these seem a bit cheaper than Ohlins and provide very similar results with regard to handling. I am going to save for this and want to do it right. Can anybody point me in the best directions for front fork suspension upgrades or should I just go with the system that hagon provide?

Thanks for your time and efforts gentlemen Ben Dickens

I ALSO HAVE SOME PARTS FOR SALE IN THE CORRECT SECTION CHECK IT OUT, U MAY WANT SOMETHING!!!

Last edited:

sportyone

Street Tracker
Ok so decision made on the airbox, I will wait until the ecu maps are common and things are sorted out and then consider this upgrade. I have also made a decision on some shocks after many months of research. I have decided to save the extra and get some Hagon Nitro shocks as these seem a bit cheaper than Ohlins and provide very similar results with regard to handling. I am going to save for this and want to do it right. Can anybody point me in the best directions for front fork suspension upgrades or should I just go with the system that hagon provide?

Thanks for your time and efforts gentlemen Ben Dickens

I ALSO HAVE SOME PARTS FOR SALE IN THE CORRECT SECTION CHECK IT OUT, U MAY WANT SOMETHING!!!

hey Ben,

don't order any shit yet, there is a guy I know in Dromana who supplies, modifys and sorts out all suspension worries,
been there for years, does a lot of racing stuff.
I'll look up his details and PM ya ! :)

cheers

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
hey Ben,

don't order any shit yet, there is a guy I know in Dromana who supplies, modifys and sorts out all suspension worries,
been there for years, does a lot of racing stuff.
I'll look up his details and PM ya ! :)

cheers
:headbang2:

:beer::rock::rocks:
These are the shocks I have found and I am very keen on 495usd + postage and setup for you weight/pillion/riding style (SLOW bahahaha) for me anyway until I get good! I want the other item in the pics for my pillion what do you think guys!!!

That option sounds good too mate its nice to have options thanks Kind Regards Ben Dickens

Attachments

• nitro_pair.jpg
    nitro_pair.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Dscf0014crop.jpg
    Dscf0014crop.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 192963401-L.jpg
    192963401-L.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ben,

Regarding shocks, Ikons are made in Aussie right so I'd have thought you could get a good price on them locally. I went with 1" over Thrux length Ikons for my Bonnie and the Ricor cartridge emulators up front. I'm very happy with the results.

If you can get me a Miss MX and send her over, I'd appreciate that!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Last edited:
Ben,

Regarding shocks, Ikons are made in Aussie right so I'd have thought you could get a good price on them locally.

Oddly enough that is not the case and if anybody can explain why that is I'm all ears.

7610-1602's retail in Australia for $450 yet can be had for $300 in the US and the AU$ has been hovering around parity with the US$ for months now. :huh:

http://www.zpower.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1425/products_id/3460

http://www.newbonneville.com/html/ikon_shocks.html

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Oddly enough that is not the case and if anybody can explain why that is I'm all ears.

7610-1602's retail in Australia for $450 yet can be had for $300 in the US and the AU$ has been hovering around parity with the US$ for months now. :huh:

http://www.zpower.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1425/products_id/3460

http://www.newbonneville.com/html/ikon_shocks.html

:shh:
Guys here is some more bad news influencing my choice. I have been advised from a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE that Ikon 412 shocks are sold wholesale at an amount of 10 AUD per Unit! That means a set of shocks is supplied at a cost of 20 AUD. I was advised that progressive shocks are around 70 Aud a set. Somebody is making some real big bucks here in sales so IMO I cannot think that something that costs 10 aud is going to be quality and last as long as I intend to keep my bike!!!!:yawn: