Cafe Racer Project / Style

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
WORK IN PROGRESS BONNE SE 09/10
:headbang2:
Hi guys here is an update on my little project, I am going with a Cafe Racer Theme. I am very new to this stuff but have a love of the Cafe Racer stuff and always have. I hope my take on this theme will inspire and
may help some of you out that are thinking of doing some changes for a custom look, hope you like her as I love her!!!!

Modifications So Far Are
Joker Machine Oil Plug
Thruxton Gel Seat and Custom Paint Design Colour Matched Cowl
Newbonneville Breast Plate
Joker Machine Clutch Bracket, Cover
Union Jack Badges
LCF Carb Tops
Sports Demon Tires
Dominator Touring Exhaust "Sweet As I Love It"
Joker Machine Stem Screw Cap
Joke Machine Carb Knob
Chrome Idle Knob
Thruxton Indicator Bracket
Joker Machine Gear Footpeg
Bar End Mirrors
Billet Seat & Airbox Screws
Joker Machine Sprocket Cover
Pop Up Gas Cap

& LOTS OF TLC

Awaiting Parts & Requiring Install (WORK PENDING)
Ace 7/8th Handlebars
New Black Brake / Clutch Levers
New 7/8th Risers
LSL Rearsets
Monza Gas Cap
Joker Machine Ignition Relocation Switch
Brushed Aluminium Cam Cover
Triumph Performance Black Billet Headlight Bracket Joker Machine
Black Billet Reserviour and New Brake Line Hose
"Awsome Bloke Thanks Carlos HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"

FUTURE ASPIRATIONS ARE :

AIRBOX REMOVAL KIT ? UNDECIDED ? - Can anybody vouch for this modification!@!!!!!!
YSS ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS
FRONT SHOCK MODIFICATION

Hope you guys like my ride as I really love it and I am so glad I bought a bonne' it has been the best thing I have ever done:)

This is a LINK TO HEAPS OF PICS OF MY BIKE/PARTS ENJOY
http://picasaweb.google.com/benjami...?authkey=Gv1sRgCJOJ0aeorI-ucg&feat=directlink
Benjamin Dickens

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

henrys

Street Tracker
What size rear tire is that? Bike is looking good but you need some rear fender work for sure! :)

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
What size rear tire is that? Bike is looking good but you need some rear fender work for sure! :)

My thought too but here in Melb Australia if you do that you are pulled over immediately by the boys in blue I would love a rear guard elimination kit ): The rear tyre size is a 130r17 pirelle sports demon tyre and the front is a 110r17 just put them on the bike and they are great tyres. Had to change the rear cos a roofing rivet decided to go through my sidewall when having some fun around a fast corner nothing like the feeling of death to make you feel alive:cya:

Last edited:

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Nice looking bike!

IMO, changing the bars is gonna make the biggest difference in making it look like a cafe bike.. That was the first thing I changed!

I highly recommend eliminating the airbox as well. Just did that with my bike as well as new predator exhaust and the difference is night and day! The bike has so much power! I can't believe how much she was choking LOL!

I've been slowly cafeinating my bike as well and I'm really loving the look and the process. I also went with the Road Demons but put a 140 on the back.. looks badass!

1146153269_xuH48-O.jpg

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Nice looking bike!

IMO, changing the bars is gonna make the biggest difference in making it look like a cafe bike.. That was the first thing I changed!

I highly recommend eliminating the airbox as well. Just did that with my bike as well as new predator exhaust and the difference is night and day! The bike has so much power! I can't believe how much she was choking LOL!

I've been slowly cafeinating my bike as well and I'm really loving the look and the process. I also went with the Road Demons but put a 140 on the back.. looks badass!

1146153269_xuH48-O.jpg

That looks sweet can't wait to put the handlebars on, I purchased 7/8th ace bars and my rearsets arrived today. Thanks for the info on the airbox sounds like a plan once I finish these upgrades I am doing..... Kindest regards Ben:headbang2:

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Do your homework before you lop off the airbox. Removing the airbox on carb'd bikes is a piece of cake. Your bike has EFI, which may require a retune of your computer.

Love the overall look of your bike.. can't wait to see it with the ace bars on it.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Do your homework before you lop off the airbox. Removing the airbox on carb'd bikes is a piece of cake. Your bike has EFI, which may require a retune of your computer.

Love the overall look of your bike.. can't wait to see it with the ace bars on it.

Thanks and I will consider what you said with regard to the re-map. Today I installed the LSL Rearsets which I aquired, time consuming job but well worth the effort. Anyone considering rearsets you can't go wrong with LSL, quality and straight forward take your time when you rush accidents happen. Now once I recieve the headlight joker machine bracket it is off to my mechanic to install cam cover, headlight bracket,ace handlebars, new grips and leavers and new oil reserviour and some nice new oil and service, I can't wait till its finished and all I have to do is clean and love her. Quick note for those in melbourne australia peninsula area take note that the TOG Inspector head honcho is around on a unmarked BMW RS1100 blue/grey colour so ride safe and ease off on the throttle:australia::fight2:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
LSL Rearsets Installed Today what do ya think

Here is a coupal of pics of the LSL Rearsets that I installed today. Excuse the dirt and muck it will be shiny tomorrow. If I had to do another set it would be very easy and probably very quick, but it took me some time to complete as I am a bit picky with things. Instructions were in German :huh:, I speak fluent Aussie so it was a challenge.......:chair:

Kind Regards Ben Dickens Let Us Know What Ya Think????:cya:

LINK TO LARGE PICS AND FURTHER PICS LSL REARSETS
http://picasaweb.google.com/benjamindickens77/LSLRearsets?feat=directlink

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
The rear sets look great! How does it feel when you ride them and how tall are you?

I am pritty short mate about 167cm tall, nearly the shortest fireman in melbourne I think and they provide a nice ride position and are very direct with no delay in selecting gears. To answer your question correctly I will have to wait until the new ace handlebars are on. However I do feel a lot better in regard to feet position on the bike, and it seem a like you are more at one with your bike rather than the total upright fitted pegs. I guess its a personal thing and what you are used too. I am very happy though will let you know how it goes with the new ace handlebars for a true review of changes. Thanks for your kind comments Ben:headbang2:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hey Ben,where are you getting your parts from .does someone stock them in Oz?

No mate they rip ya big time much cheaper to import including the excessive postage charges. The majority of my parts are from both www.britishcustoms.com and www.triumphperformanceusa.com and finally another cool site is also www.jokermachine.com & www.newbonneville.com all US based but awsome service and great quality parts. Hope this helps you mate there are others but these site have a great selection of parts...

Kind Regards Ben Dickens:headbang2:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker

Thanks for the advise mate, I just did some research and needless to say I am not touching it, it is simply not worth the drama's and expense the bike goes awsome with the remap and pipes already and for extra poke its no way worth it. Kindest regards Ben Dickens :headbang2:

sportyone

Street Tracker
Thanks for the advise mate, I just did some research and needless to say I am not touching it, it is simply not worth the drama's and expense the bike goes awsome with the remap and pipes already and for extra poke its no way worth it. Kindest regards Ben Dickens :headbang2:

hey mate, your bike looks great, coming on really well, :up: you must have spent with all these new bits, almost the new purchase price all over again by now :)

I'm not sure about the joker stuff though, IMO their stuff looks abit too modern for me, but that's me, I wanted the more classic old school look really.

but you have done well, call me when your free mate ! :cheer:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I found out that I put the linkage between the gearbox and rearsets on backwards yesterday as can be seen by the pics, when I went down arthurs seat and one of the nuts came undone including the locktite it was scary but I did have to laugh. I had no gear selection all the way down a very steep twisty section of road that local bikers haunt around here. All that time I spent and still screwed to pooch, well without mistakes there are no learning opportunities LOL!!!! So learn from my error in judgement and learn to speak GERMAN so we can understand the instructions.....

I WILL POST A PICTURE TO SHOW THE CORRECT ORIENTATION OF THE GEAR LINKAGE TO THE REARSET SO OTHERS DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME

Last edited: