Funny Cars...Nitro & a BIG cow!

AceT100

Rocker
Couple of weeks ago I went down to Bakersfield for my semi-annual trip to The California Hot Rod Reunion...Its run by The NHRA at the old Famosa track, just outside Bakertucky.

It has a "Grand Opening" party on the Friday night in town, where a lot of the early drag racers (now in their 60's, 70's & a couple in their 80's!) show up & mingle with the crowds, and they usually fire up a couple of the Nitro cars too :rockon:

Saturday was spent at the track...and Sunday we headed home...and found the HUGE cow....

5096436891_30c4cea6b2_z.jpg

'Mostly' Street legal....Note the wing, wheelie bars & 'chute mount...
5096443159_b6f75e6180_z.jpg

5096414903_99b61d7e04_z.jpg

One of the 39 Nostalgia Funny Cars at the event!
5096414895_2ff374ec7f_z.jpg

I had a '63 Valiant V200 Wagon...don't recall "blown hemi" being a factory option tho.... :eeek:

5088338654_5604fa1ef1_z.jpg

As I had 3 hours of sleep....and a LOT to drink Friday night...I didn't take many pictures....those that I did can be seen HERE

Oh...and the cow...well, technically its a bull....

5097056226_1b0af2549f_z.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Great cars, wish I could hear 'em running.

Why doesn't that cow just step over that pewny little fence. What's wrong with him, huh?

msc66

Two Stroke
Will the most impressive run of the weekend do?

The Winged Express is widely known for its crazy antic's in the hands of Wild Willie in the days before he died....

Willie's ashes ride in the car on every run nowadays....

I saw this run live at Bakersfield....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUwws3dzqfg

Ha Chad Reynolds at Bangshift. I'm a member over there as well. He and Brian are good guys. I went up to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green in '09 and shot video and hung out with those guys. You really need to go to one of these events at least once. Awesome.

thistle66

Scooter
I get a Trojan Horse warning from my PC's security setup when clicking to The Winged Express (the first link). Just a HU.