Paint

msc66

Two Stroke
I have a 2001 Maroon and Silver Bonnie and I want to paint the front fender from where the previous owner dumped it. Can you buy factory match paint or should I just take the fender to the jobber and have them match it?
Thanks

klink

Two Stroke
You can buy from the dealer but it would be cheaper in most cases to have the jobber match it. In my case the silver paint was easy to match. It was the orange stripe with gold trim that was a small problem.

msc66

Two Stroke
Hey, at least I did a search for my question about sprockets and gearing. Besides, when I search for "paint codes" all that comes up is my post.
Oh, and thanks for the link.

tezza

Street Tracker
im a spraypainter by trade and any painter worth his salt should be able to eye match it .most paint systems also have the formula for bikes on computer so if you get the code there would be no problem

Shorty

Two Stroke
I believe the "scarlet red" factory paint of the 01's and 02's is Dupont RF 2509. I never did figure out the silver, but I think it's called "warm silver" and it is IVC L2244 according to my notes.

Shorty

drlapo

Hooligan
Any good automotive paint supplier can use a scanner to provide an exact match
be prepared to spend about $175 for a pint of paint as you will need base coat, color coats, clear coats and activators

koifarm

Hooligan
You might want to look at the Dupont Nason brand, it's every bit as good as the expensive stuff and is about half price.
I used it to paint the sidecar and it turned out beautifully....
Nason has the full line of primers, paints and clearcoats and have a website to guide you in choosing the correct line of paints for your job.

http://www.dupontpc.com.au/nason

innominate

Street Tracker
Hey, at least I did a search for my question about sprockets and gearing. Besides, when I search for "paint codes" all that comes up is my post.
Oh, and thanks for the link.

i was just lookin for an excuse to use that gif. i knew someone had posted the link before and that for some reason it doesnt show up when you search for paint codes

msc66

Two Stroke
Any good automotive paint supplier can use a scanner to provide an exact match
be prepared to spend about $175 for a pint of paint as you will need base coat, color coats, clear coats and activators

Yeah its not cheap. I may have some clearcoat left from when I painted my car if its still good. Will definitely try to get Nason.

Also thinking about bobbing the rear fender a tad and doing a racing stripe on both in the silver. What do you guys think?

SCARLET RED Dupont (paint code) RF 2509 (triumph code) T3120300-CR
Standox 84536 T3120300-CR
WARM SILVER Standox 269600 T3120300-MD
IVC L2244 T3120300-MD

Nick Morey

Rocker
The stripes on the fenders is a classic. Go for it... if you're diggin' that look, it's cool. :up:

Last edited: