Long Overdue Mods

Bonniebret

Rocker
Thanks to the sale of my Vespa I was finally able to go out and do most of the key performance mods I had been putting off. That includes NARK, D&Ds, brakes, Norman Hyde m-bars, and new grips. Aside from my mishap with the idle screw, which was remedied by our boy Rex Floyd, it came together quite smoothly. The bike screams now, sounds and handles great. Super responsive. The best part is the bike is now just kinda taking on a look of it's own rather than me forcing a look on it. Next will be addressing the turn signal situation. Man they're fugly. Oh, and if any one's wondering the mirror's on order. Thanks to everyone who shares their info/experience on the boards. Couldn't have done it without you and the search function. Takes a village folks!

dsc00205jy.jpg

dsc00208rs.jpg

dsc00210q.jpg

img2674dy.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
+1 on the grips. Had white ones on the 52 harley I once had. There were also white grips on an old penny arcade machine that you shot down biplanes on. That was on Catalina Island.

CapitalT

Scooter
all black with white grips.

sweet as a nut.

white helmet skull and crossbones on yr back you'll be the baddest man in town.

ok maybe im getting carried away.

ivar

TT Racer
Get the taillight/blinkers sorted out , and you can print it on a t-shirt and sell us :)

pz1p

Two Stroke
what kind of jetting are using? main jet, pilot jet, number of turns on the idler jets, ect.♦

klink

Two Stroke
Personally, I don't think they are ugly. They just stick out to far. But your decision is based on what you are trying to achieve with the bike. I think you have it in mind that the Triumph lights won't get you there and you probably are right. Though if you want them shortened up I can handle that for you in an hours time. Come visit my shop in Fayetteville. Oh there is no charge.

strokerlmt

mannnnn the bike is lookinnnnnnnn good.....like the bars and grips. see you put the bars on upside down. now shave a little off the side covers to expose the filters some...nice work.
LMT

Easy13

Street Tracker
Nice job there. You've also inspired me to clean my garage.

Yeah, me too, though I'm not sure I trust someone with a clean shop.

Where to start? I think the Historic Hardtail Mongrel's buried over there somewhere. Aint seen that old Deathtrap CBR in a while either... I used to have a sign in here that said "Unattended Children Will be Sold as Slaves." Where the hell did that go?

Ah, the hell with it, so long as there's a path to the beer fridge! :cheers:

Last edited: