Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

TXRider60

Scooter
As a new owner who will not be carrying passengers, I'll eventually be looking for a single seat (with a wider range of fore/aft seating possibilities)... But most of the ones I see slant downwards towards the tank, and I'd like all my options to be a bit more level.

As a new owner who will not be carrying passengers, I'll eventually be looking for a single seat (with a wider range of fore/aft seating possibilities)... But most of the ones I see slant downwards towards the tank, and I'd like all my options to be a bit more level.

I'm using the Thruxton seat on my T100. Sits more level then the others I've seen. I just put in a >400 mile weekend and it worked great for me.

aejotz

moped
King and Queen

I hated the stock seat. I tried the gel seat but it was even lower than the stock seat and at 6' 2" I don't need a lower seat. I finally decided to try the Triumph King and Queen, even though it's not traditional looking.

Wow! I love this seat. Most especially, my butt loves this seat. It makes my '08 T100 feel like a new (and better) bike. I feel much more solidly planted in that wide saddle.

I also added the Dart Flyscreen and I'm super happy with it, too. When I got the bike I was pretty fatigued after an hour of riding. Now I lose track of time.

The photo is not of my bike, but it's a good image of the seat.

http://home.insightbb.com/~iamsumtimes/Feb07/t100.jpg

Last edited:
Scrambler seat on T100

Hi!
I want to change the looks a bit and I´ve tried to figure it out from checking around on the forum but I´m not sure how it is.
Will a Scrambler seat fit my -05 carbed T100? If so are there differencies between years and EFI vs. carb?

gweldoncone

Scooter
Hi!
I want to change the looks a bit and I´ve tried to figure it out from checking around on the forum but I´m not sure how it is.
Will a Scrambler seat fit my -05 carbed T100? If so are there differencies between years and EFI vs. carb?

Yes it will fit. I have one on my 08 Black which is basically the same.

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
Great Day does not add or subtract any height. He uses a few different density foams and adds a gel type pad under the foam-not under your butt. Then reattaches the cover. The shape, while not different to the eye, is perfect. And all day comfy-liike I said, I now have 4 and they rock.

It's all on his site. As for pics-you can hardly tell it's modded by looking. You would need two seats side by side to notice. Looks stock-feels custom.

Masks!

Scooter
Here is my new seat. It's the stock seat modified by a local guy for little money. Pretty stoked.

Triumph.jpg

Masks!

Scooter
He charged me $135, which was odd because he charged my buddy $180 to do his CB550 seat, so I'm not sure if the Triumph seat was easier to work with or what. He's an old Harley guy that has an auto upholstery shop in Cleveland. Obviously there would be shipping charges involved if you can't go to his shop.

E-mail me for his contact info.

[email protected]

Last edited:
I own a 2010 Bonneville T100 (with new LCD odometer).
The OEM seat is similar to the scrambler seat.

I feel it very inconfortable even on commuting rides (about 25 kms, 2 times per day).
So, I replace it with the DS003 seat from Burton Bikes Bits :
- look is very enhanced
- confort is very enhanced : in my taste, confort is just like a motorcycle seat must be.

Here is two before / after pictures :

Before with OEM seat ("scrambler" seat) :

Bonnie%20T100_3.jpg

After with the DS003 seat from Burton :

DSCF0122.JPG

Last edited:

Kappy

Two Stroke
Now I want to show mine as well. I have installed the single seat with white piping and rack, it's a great combination but anyway want to install a gel pad cushion below the original cover for longer rides.
When; do not know ....

Kappy

Attachments

• DSC122010.jpg
    DSC122010.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3

tuquoque

Scooter
Nice looking bike and seat looks real good too.
Is that a Triumphs seat?
I've seen the same seat with and without white piping.
Do they come with or without or is the one with white piping newer model?
I've been thinking to buy one to my black SE but would prefer without piping.

Kappy

Two Stroke
Yes, that is an original accessory by Triumph, comes along the rack. You can buy the seat with and without the white piping