GF gets herself a new Truck

innominate

Street Tracker
That's fuckin sweet. I was lookin at old trucks for awhile but decided I wanted 4 doors so ended up with a new tundra instead. But an old truck is still on the list.

T-boy

Rocker
Someone looks very, very happy sitting in her "new" truck. I wish I had the knowledge, skills, etc to restore old vehicles.

msc66

Two Stroke
Well .. not really *new* - but it's new to her. This is going to be her semi-daily driver. It's a 1954 F100. Pretty original truck. About the only things that appear changed are the engine/tranny (302ci w/AOD), the wheels/tires, and steering column.

That's awesome. Should be plenty of room for aftermarket A/C and I like the choice for new rims and steering wheel. Thank god the previous owner kept it ford powered and didn't swap a sbc in there.

rodburner

Rocker
Congrats GF. Great taste in trucks! The 53-56 Ford F100 style is the most timeless,beautifully designed trucks ever built.IMO
I drove a 55 with a 396 Chev/M22 4 speed to school for a week [my car nut uncle's] and got asked about it at my 35th HS reunion. A full posi,200 foot burnout past a packed study hall cemented my place in high school as that #$&^% with the crazy burnt Indian orange paint pick up truck. Thanks for the flashback you guys.
Steve

DandyDoug

750cc
Nice ride, reminds me of my 64 Chevrolet short bed step side. Wish I still had it.

What did GF do with the white van she bought last year ??
That was also pretty sweet if memory serves.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I live in Atl and would love to find an old truck like that. Where did you pick it up?

Listed on Craigslist .. it was in Monroe. We went and looked at another in Dalton. It was a 51 and a cool truck, but it was a bit too Rat-Rod for GF and the guy didnt want to come down on his price to what we felt it was worth. There was few on there within driving distance and under $10k.

tezza

Street Tracker
great pickup dude, needs a drop i beam front axel though ,time to get the spanners out lol

Bonafide

NBR founder
What did GF do with the white van she bought last year ??

The Van suffered a slight bruising to one of the rear doors about 7 months ago (parking brake mishap). GF never was quite comfortable driving it. 3 on the tree and a 6cyl is not her thing. So she's replacing it with the truck and two main criteria were, auto tranny and V8.

The Van is going up for sale .. and I'm gonna miss it. Love the Van, but we've run out of run to park things around here. :(

GF

Scooter
Thanks ya'll! The truck is super cool. The van looks awesome, but is too much work to routinely drive around in traffic. I just don't enjoy it enough. Now- to earn more money to add the fun stuff......

Bonafide

NBR founder
Had some old skool hand painted logos put on the doors. Once they dry, we'll wet sand them down to give more of an old timey look. Disc brake kit being delivered tomorrow and old skool steelie w/baby moon hubcaps with huge white wall wheels/tires will be on order after that ... then some new 3" drop leafs front/rear. Hehe .. yeah, it's an addiction.

Attachments

• barbershop2010.jpg
    barbershop2010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0