Why did you buy a Bonneville/T100?

Hell Yeah...You will never confuse a New Bonneville with a Harley...Honda...Kawi (well W650? Maybe)...Suzi...Duc...on and on...

They're total Legends![/QUOTE

9670_0_1_2_xs%20650_Image%20credits%20-%20John%20Filak%20Lafayette%20NJ.jpg

There was other similar bikes other than just the w650 particularly the xs650 pictured above

Attachments

• z650.jpg
    z650.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0

teachnsurf

Scooter
Essence of Motorcycling

A Bonneville captures the essence of motorcycling. If you shed the chrome, plastic fairings, and adventure farkle off of other bikes, you will find the heart of motorcycling, a Bonneville.

AceT100

Rocker
Ace...which Monster did you have? Did you switch when it was relatively new?
George

I had a 600 Dark, 2001 Model....I loved it, rode it every day for 2 years till it was killed by a dumb ass driving a H*nda Civic who turned into me & took me out :mad:

Nick Morey

Rocker
When I was a junior in high school another kid at school had a Bonneville. I fell in love with that bike the moment I saw it. I would go down to the Triumph dealer (in Manchester NH) and drool over the Bonnevilles, Tigers, and Tridents. I didn't make enough at my part time job for one then.

Later when I did have enough for a road bike the japanese bikes were way ahead in performance and much more accesible.

Now performace is so far out there... maybe I'm older but, instead of getting the latest hottest Ninja or whatever which won't be the latest hottest NEXT year, I thought back to those Triumphs which I had fallen in love with as a kid... I had seen an article in a magazine about Triumph coming back from the dead (well almost dead anyway) 15 years or so ago and wondered if they were still around so last year I checked into it and low and behold the Bonneville had been reborn. Yeah I'm a little slow!

When I saw the T100 and what could be done with it I knew I had to get one and there was no other bike that would do. To me it is what a motorcycle is suppose to be. First of all you sit on it and ride it like you are suppose to sit on and ride a motorcycle. Second of all it is easy to work on and fix yourself, like your suppose to. Third of all but hardly least of all it looks EXACTLY like a motorcycle should look. And of course there is the heritage. Along with that is the added bonus I least expected... That is all the unexpected attention she gets when she's out in public. I don't know how many stories she's stirred in people of their old Triumphs and the respect they have for them.

I know there's a lot of choices out there when it comes to bikes, now more than ever but, I can't think of any other bike I would rather own!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Because simply put, they are bad ass bikes. Nothing really like em. I love my thrux and while i lust for other bikes on occasion it is one I'll never get rid of. I've actually been thinking about another thrux to have strictly for track use.

Nick your history sounds very similar to my own. Other than I never had the 15 years of not knowing what Triumph were up to. But as you say u are a lttle slow mate :)

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
A Bonneville captures the essence of motorcycling. If you shed the chrome, plastic fairings, and adventure farkle off of other bikes, you will find the heart of motorcycling, a Bonneville.-teachnsurf

Well said. +1 . Hit the nail on the head.

*I'd add that the specialization of motorcycles (into sportbikes, goldwings, cruisers and choppers) took some of the fun out. I can't say why, but it just did.

Last edited:

anthone

Scooter
when i look at a bonneville, i dont move. i just stand and stare. im 26 and in my mind, i would visualize james dean or steve mcqueen tearing ass off into the sunset and think, 'that would be the only deathcycle i would strap myself onto'.
so i asked around, FOUND it was a triumph and began looking. it was just right to get a bonne. the feel, the look, the ride, the compliments(DEAD LAST ON THE "WHY?" SCALE). the "classic" stuff you can mod it with still keeps it tasteful and i pay respect to anyone older than me who admires the bike. i feel a real sense of dignity when i ride my bike. like, im not some punk kid who just wants to start shyte with the world. but a person who can honestly and sincerely admire good quality craftsmanship with a classic look of the "good ole days" when the world wasnt trying to destroy itself.

theres only one perfect bike, and thats a bonneville.

now...i just inspired myself to ride. hahaha. to the bike batman!!!

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
I traded an excellent 07 FJR1300 sport tourer, like for like at the dealer. Never looked back. Beautiful lines and a lovely motor.

gweldoncone

Scooter
I have owned many motorcycles over the years. In the seventies I was too young/poor to afford a British twin so I rode Hondas and such. I really wanted a Norton like the guys down the street. Years and bikes went by but I never owned a Brit twin. Then one day in 2003 I spotted a W650 at the dealership. It was a left over from 2000. I love that bike and have put 24,000 miles on it but it's just a little too small for the long tours. Enter the Bonnie. Same type of bike just bigger. Small screen and a set of hard bags and off you go. I still have the "W" but the Bonnie is the dailey rider.

My "06" For my 60

I had a 67 Bonneville 35 years and sold it to make a down payment on a house. I loved it then and when I saw the New T100s in Black & Red. I knew I had to have one as Birthday present to me on my 60th. I got in and love it as much as my 67. I have made minor changes to make it shlightly more original looking but that's all.

Attachments

• IMG_0196[2].jpg
    IMG_0196[2].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
I bought a bonnie, rather than a fast good handling bike, so I could spend all my time and money making it a faster and better-handling bike that's not quite as fast or good-handling as a fast, good-handling off-the-shelf bike.

biker7

Banned
I bought a bonnie, rather than a fast good handling bike, so I could spend all my time and money making it a faster and better-handling bike that's not quite as fast or good-handling as a fast, good-handling off-the-shelf bike.

Hilarious...and true. Which proves we really are all crazy.
:headbang2:

Sweat..you want heresy? How about carving up one of the greatest super bikes of all time?
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56728
Yes we are all mad.

Last edited: