Where oh where was my Bonnie born?

sportyone

Street Tracker
I have the '02 Centennial T100 and when I put my VIN No. into the decoder it says it was built by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd, United Kingdom in 1991.
WTF????:crazy:

Wobbly:australia:

yeah, like I said, perhaps they're recycling numbers !

oh well :c

cycles

moped
HAHAHA! :lol3:
now listen, I have a 2008 model black Bonneville,
down here in Oz it maybe different, apart from the fact that there are 17 numbers and letters in my Vin #, using your decoder thingie,
my bike is British made, but it says it was built in 1986 ??????
how's that ?

maybe they're recycling the numbers :lol3:

Have you tried http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/triumph.asp ? Don't know if it will work for the Oz numbers but it half worked for my 09 Bonnie T100 which was purchased in Canada :canada:. It said that she was made in Great Britain, despite the "T" in character 11. Probably was assembled in Thailand :( but Triumph forgot to tell the VIN decoder folks about the new assembly plant. :shrug: I'm sure they'll rectify the misunderstanding shortly. :lol:

07black&red

Two Stroke
Interesting topic to be sure. I've heard the Toyota Tundra is more "American" than the new Mustang....whatever that means....

jewel

Scooter
I have the '02 Centennial T100 and when I put my VIN No. into the decoder it says it was built by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd, United Kingdom in 1991.
WTF????:crazy:

Wobbly:australia:

It said the same thing about my 02 Centennial, both those sites are useless loads of rubbish. My 02 was dispatched from England on the 31st October, 2002. The TOMCC will supply you with information on when your bike was dispatched for a small fee.

Jewel
Oz

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Hi Jewel, good to hear from you. Have'nt heard from you for a while.
As somebody has already said, this is an interesting thread but I guess in the big scheme of things, not that important for it's inaccuracy in relation to bikes shipped to Oz. Obviously, Triumph had different agendas dictating how they branded their export bikes.
Cheers,
wobbly