What do YOU guys want if you could have it made?

dbacher06

Scooter
I think side covers would be huge. Only MAS makes them and they are just ovals. BeachFinn on the Thruxton page made some that look sick.A stone guard that is specifically designed for the bonnie headlight, not a mini stone guard that needs to be fabed to fit.

strokerlmt

Texas94fs......spot on re the chain adjusters. Most stock ones look bent after awhile. Before I got the new swingarm I was trying to figure out a new tougher chain adjuster.......make that one and every other owner who does his own work will buy one.
LMT

strokerlmt

5.5 gallons....you don't need a cross over tube. The large NH tank I have is made to fit over the frame but everything flows to the bac where I have a big pringle filter. I have been blasting up and down the coast now for a couple of weeks on one tank with a 1/2 gallon strapped on the bike (My tap doesn't have a reserve) I'm at 161 miles with a lot of slosh to go. Let you know when I run out of gas.
Bottom line.....big tank is neat....
LMT

pattybilt

Scooter
Alright sportyone, no products for you! Haha jk. No website as of yet, just gathering ideas and figuring out what we want to start out with. Frames might not be out of the question, with a tubular swingarm of course. I think we will offer the same for sporties, an actual tubed frame, thats tig welded and made of quality material, I really do not like stock frames!

strokerlmt

Different frames for different uses. For example I'm to set in my ways and my wife does not like 2 up, neither do I, so I don't have rear pegs. Why do I need the big weighty welded muffled rear peg mount. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to cut off the lower bar completely. I have things like the stock oil cooler flanges which will be cut off ground flat and clean up the look. What is the over built cheap looking breast plate just below the oil cooler? I have a lift and swingarm bar so off come the extra bits for the center stand I will never have. I guess my point is the stock frame is mass produced. With a little bit of thought and modification a REALLY great frame could be made....and would it cost anymore than the stock one ?????????
LMT

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Honestly, even a combination of a few ideas wouldn't suck. If you built a frame that allows the seat to be flipped up, you could toss a couple small tabs around the bottom of that could allow pieces to connect for side bag frames or a removable rear rack or a removable sissy bar..

Oxblood

750cc
ditto on the levers......nice ones that don't cost 175-195 bucks......they don't have to be adjustable...billet and drilled for weigh and look....
LMT

Not billet but drilled:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and they dont cost 175-195...

pattybilt

Scooter
Yeah, we have acouple of ideas for hand controls, not just levers, but the whole shabang! Clasically styled, minimalistic approach

ssjones

750cc
America owner checking in:
A reasonably priced metal alternative to the chrome plastic dash cover on the tank. It's been tried, but never comes out priced low enough to sell ($600 range).

Pete R

Banned
Adjustable Clip-ons. Like the old Tommasellis but with adjustable risers as well. Adjustable risers would be a hard one - maybe something that was telescopic with a latch of some kind. Do that man and shit, you'd have the market covered I reckon - especially with us Thruxtonites!

Also some kind of spoofy, well finished little aluminium bracket to turn the standard Mickey Mouse mirrors into bar end mirrors (see - Sgt Brad here http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6391&page=2 and mine here http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6391&page=3 )

:rockon:

monty

Street Tracker
If you wanted to go totally bonkers, how about replica headlamp Nacelles as in the '59 Bonnie and Rear bathtubs as in the 50's T110.

Stainless high level pipes, one each side a la TT.

Just a thought,

Monty.

Swept up pipes for a Bonneville.

A bigger sissy bar somewhat similar to the one used in the movie "Easy Rider" I'd like to use a sissybar backpack on my Bonnie.

Highway pegs

Headlight bucket. The one from Triumph they charge way too much for. It would be good to have a much cheaper aftermarket alternative

Not sure if I said this already, but captive spacers for the wheels to make it a lot easier to reinstall wheels to bike.

(This is a must)--much better chain adjusters similar to Gilles chain adjusters you see on sportbikes.

A much better brake fluid resevoir that doesn't weep

+1 on a bigger gas tank too

pattybilt

Scooter
These are all great ideas, I am very thankful for all the responses. Right now we are just kind of gearing up, but im sure we will get around to the bigger stuff such as frames and swing arms, using stock or custom geometry. I WILL be working on the flip seat idea this weekend. Got some foot pegs in mind too, probably two options, fabricated and billet steel, no aluminum, I like standing up on my bike but it scares the hell out of me, due to the cast alminum foot pegs we were so blessed with on our bikes. Anyone up for finned and speed hole looking, bar ends, resevior covers, gas caps?
Also better looking turn signals, and an engine guard with integrated highway pegs, when folded in they blend with the guard itself, all specifically designed for the bonneville, not just adapted parts. I also need to get on that metal dash for the america, good lord that is awful!