We all do it... What's the name of your bike?

Iceseven

750cc
No name for mine either, my Scrambler is my eighth bike and I never named any of them (actually I called my 1974 Triumph a son of a bitch from time to time).

KingBear

Hooligan
Mine is named Roxy. I think female names are appropriate because 1) they are beautiful, 2) it's all fun between the legs, 3) they cost money, and 4) they are likely to go on costing money. That's a female for ya. :headbang2:

BTW, there's nothing even remotely gay about naming your bike. Female names have been given to boats, bomber planes, guitars (B.B. King's Lucille), guns (Gladys in "Sin City"), etc. So... :finger:

However if you named your bike Bruce or Marco that might be another matter entirely. :whip:

Nick Morey

Rocker
BTW, there's nothing even remotely gay about naming your bike. Female names have been given to boats, bomber planes, guitars (B.B. King's Lucille), guns (Gladys in "Sin City"), etc. So... :finger:

However if you named your bike Bruce or Marco that might be another matter entirely. :whip:

VERY WELL said KingBear! Haven't found a name for my T100 but I often refer to her as "her", "she" or "my Bonnie". If a name comes along it does, if not she won't be any less loved.

Mine's either "the Trumpet" or "Mum's Bonnie". Had a whole slew of bikes over the years but never referred to any as "she". Alway's "it". Don't get me wrong, I'm passionate about bikes and riding but as it ain't got a pulse, it's an "it".....

Cheers,

Pikey.

DIRK

750cc
no general name just the bike. as in an it. one of my fav's hahahaaaa.
perhaps some odd name might be a good thing.

pepper

Street Tracker
Every bike has had the same name since I was a kid, and it's only spoken when its just me and the bike alone or if there's trouble and never above a whisper, Darlin'. C'mon Darlin' let's go, c'mon Darlin' you can make it. One time while riding in northern Japan (Uncle Sams Aero Club for Wayward Boys) I somehow managed to barely squeeze between a japanese mack truck and a telephone pole on a blind, narrow, windy goat trail of a road and got scared pretty good, then it was "Please Darlin, get me home".

henrys

Street Tracker
My bonnie doesn't have a name yet but my 1979 z50r mini bike (which i have had since i was 5) is named Betsy. I'm sure a name will come to me eventually...

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Saffron. She's yellow, saffron is actually the most expensive and revered spice in the world. And its a character off my favorite tv show, that was quite the conniving bitch that shouldn't be trusted. Also it could be a stripper moniker.