TuneBoy

I'll just make this real quick. I don't know how this software program works on carb'd bikes, but for EFI bikes.. STAY AWAY. This thing is a POS. Two days of a less than gracious owner/developer support from Wayne of Australia via email has landed my bike at the dealer. I asked him Numerous times to call and help me get through the problems. Instead, he complained of my non-techy responses to his emails.

:rocket:

Carnation

Street Tracker
Well......it has no use whatsoever on a carbed Triumph.

I used it without any trouble at all on my injected Sprint. It is certainly not a piece of shit.

Is he really going to call you in Denver from Oz, when the website offers support by email?

Last edited:
Well......it has no use whatsoever on a carbed Triumph.

I used it without any trouble at all on my injected Sprint. It is certainly not a piece of shit.

Is he really going to call you in Denver from Oz, when the website offers support by email?

When you can't get it to work and it fries your ECU I would certainly say it's a piece of shit.

Support by email?? We did that for 2 days and nights. Try going over issues regarding drivers/controllers/port settings waiting hours until the next useless reply. All of which had no point. I gave him my number numerous times. He ignored my request. Not even a mention about it. Yes, I expect a call when I spent $450. He sells his stuff here he should effectively support it.

Seriously, I don't like leaving negative feedback. But, this experience was over the top and I just felt I needed to share it.

Carnation

Street Tracker
You had to have a replacement ECU? Sounds like you did something seriously bad.

You expect a call? You expect? Maybe he should just jump on a plane and sort it all for you.

Would you expect a call from Bill Gates if you had trouble with Windows?

Last edited:
Tuneboy only works for bikes with ECU...its useless with carb'd bikes. Carb'd bikes have no ECU.

You "fried" your ECU? How? Its kinda hard to do that. Did you shut off the bike while it was connected to Tuneboy? Did your bike shut off on you in the middle of tune download? Was the battery drained while using? One of the things you want to do is have your battery connected to a plugged Battery Tender because your bike will be on the ON position for a while and you will drain your battery fast.

Were you trying to run tests on your bike like EXUP, TPS? Or were you trying to download a new tune for your bike.

Did you also follow the directions to get your ECU # and email Wayne to unlock your ECU? Did you change ECUs? There's a lot of questions.

At first when I got it I was really intimidated by it. I took the time to read the directions before I even dove into using it.

I have nothing but good compliments. In fact it help me today sort out a Check Engine Light on my 675 and I got my problem solved instead of going to a dealer and spending close to $200 for parts and labor.

You can also try the Big Brother forum site Triumph RAT. There will probably be a lot of Tuneboy Q&As there too.

I as well as many people on here will be willing to help. Try to set aside emotions and we'll do all we can to help your dilemma. Please also be patient.

It sounds to me like you may have computer issues rather than Tuneboy. I heard that it doesn't work well with Windows Vista or you need a patch for it to run on Windows Vista. I'm using Windows XP on an older laptop with no problems.

Last edited:
tooblekain - I did have a battery tender hooked on the bike to keep the battery fresh as the tuneboy worked. I was attempting a tune download that ran to completion and that is when my bike took a dive. Thanks for your insight. And I'm sure the software may work somewhere else but with my experience I won't touch it again.

daisy - You are the pride of England.

Where you donwloanding a tune someone else made or was it a tune you made and customized?

Maybe you can go back and download the stock tune?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Maybe we should stop trying to help ol' Frankieboy here, because he mostly just wants to bitch, and then insult people who want to help him. Borderline douchebag behavior in my book.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Nice Bikes Carnation, I've always like the yellow Thruxtons!

Good luck getting it going again Frank, but you shouldn't aim you frustration on folks who had no part in your bike taking a dump on you.
This is why I leave my '09 stock and am happy with it's power output, lower Blood Pressure for me too that way. I'm one of the fellows who knows a carb inside and out and probably should of bought an 08 model so I would of felt bolder modding it.

sgt brad

Scooter
ok, i've got to pipe in on this. the op was obviously pissed off about things going south on his install. yep, he could have easily asked for help instead of ranting about the product, but the very first reply he gets is carnation who blasts the op's expectation of phone based tech support. while a phone call is probably a bit optimistic, did he really deserve to get hammered in the first post? tooblekain's post was actually useful and at least offered some aid. geez folks, give the guy a break. i can't count the number of times i've had a "hot-rod" part that didn't work right. sometimes it was my fault, sometimes it was the part's fault. however, i was pissed off the same every time. a little cool down time goes a long way, but i can't say that i always had the self-control to keep from ranting first. cut the op some slack. he spent a lot of money on an item that so far has caused more problems than it's helped. btw op, next time try using other resources first b/c coming on the site and hammering on a product that others have had success with is just asking for it.

I didn't think I'd be posting on this one again but, fine.. here goes.. Yes, I was frustrated after spending several days emailing back and forth with tuneboy when things had gone south with the software. My thought is a phone call may have made things go smoother. Nevertheless, my requests to discuss over the phone were never even acknowledged. After giving up on a solution with tuneboy I took my bike in the shop and I learned my ecu was toast. Since I had a first year (in the U.S.) efi bike my suspicion was the software had a bug that hadn't been addressed for the efi bonny. In my frustration I was trying to get the word out for anyone considering it for their '09 efi bike. Sure, I'm aware others have had success on other Triumph efi bikes but my experience on the early efi bonny was not good. On the flip side, the guys at British Customs, where I bought the system, were very helpful and tried to help things along but I didn't want anything to do with tuneboy after my experience with them.

The thing about me taking my frustration on "innocent" guys.. just read from the beginning.