TuneBoy

Bigted

Two Stroke
Well did you determine what the actual problem was that "toasted" your ecu Frank?
And when you say "toasted" what do you mean? Did you have to buy a whole new ecu?

I have come across a number of Tuneboy rants here and there most of which turned out favorably in the end after help by other posters and/or by Wayne. In most cases the slow customer support response wasn't helpful but the problem often turned out to be a missed step in the initial set up and/or operator didn't take the time to fully aquaint themselves with the instructions, or ran down their batteries, or had been using wrong com port etc, things like that. Set up can be a little complicated. I notice that Tuneboy is trying to get a new site operational now which has a forum to address these issues, I hope it goes live soon and is successful because I (gulp!) have a Tuneboy enroute and am not computer savvy!

Ted.. maybe you'll have better luck with your unit. My ECU was completely dead after trying to load up a map with the TuneBoy. By dead I mean the bike acted as if the battery was not hooked up. No starter turnover, no lights, nothing. The dealer tried to load a stock map to the ECU but it wouldn't take it. I had the ECU replaced with a new one and the bike functioned as normal.

Following instructions by Wayne at Tuneboy while troubleshooting led me to believe I followed original steps correctly. I don't know why it didn't work for me. Good luck with yours. I'll be curious to learn how it works for you. I would have enjoyed tuning my bike.

Now.. on another note. A local dealer that does performance upgrades mentioned to me that the system doesn't do much more than Triumph's own performance remaping options. I think I paid maybe $40 for Triumph's 2 into 2 offroad map and I'm happy with it.

Some day I may add a big bore kit, cam, etc. I imagine I'll be looking for another performance map....