the "Rogue"

neuroboy

750cc
hmm. . . not sure what to think about this new Bell Helmet (the "Rogue"), but, at first glance it looks more like sci-fi riot gear than a helmet. maybe that's the point?

Rogue_Model.jpg

“For years, our sales reps and dealers have had cruiser riders lamenting about the need to lose their bandanas for an open face helmet that’s got the attitude and style that they seek, but also provides some facial coverage for wet, cold or other harsh riding conditions,” said Chris Sackett, General Manager, Bell Powersports. “Rogue fulfills this need from both a standpoint of function and form, with an edgy design that makes it hands down the meanest-looking helmet we’ve ever made. So far, pre-orders from our dealers have been extremely strong, and we’re excited to see the consumer reception for this unique new design.”

Rogue_Full.jpg

I'll give them this much. I've never seen a helmet like it before.

(and, yes, I almost called it the "Rouge")

neuroboy

750cc
i'd be more bullish on it if the face part was a snap-in, rigid section that would act like full face

as my friend said:

I don't see who would ever choose a weird-looking compromise helmet. Helmets do one of three things (in my humble):

1. Protect. The people who care about this most will buy full faces, modular at best. They don't want this.
2. Be as tiny as possible. This is the "worn under protest" crowd, and they will not wear this helmet.
3. Look "right." This is cruiser guys who want a classic looking no-face, or dual sport guys who want an MX helmet. Unless this thing becomes a "look" it will not lure them either.

No block of buyers wants this helmet. It will fade quickly.

britman

Scooter
That is one ugly arse helmet. If you sneeze there is an excellent chance you could blow your brains out........

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I basically decided to go back to only full face for safety. However, I feel the sore temptation ( and I know I will eventually give in) to ride with an open face sometimes, just when its nice, just around town, just on back roads. This helmet just seems weird.