The Direction of my Bonne

Deano

Two Stroke
me thinks that the paint job should be black with all the brassy look and the brown seat. I reckon a black bike, with brass and brown leather is exactly how I would like to see my scrambler end up. It is the theme for a BSA m20 I am doing (with gold pinstripe)
Watch out for those f..n I.E.D's over there wont you.

all the black pretty much will be gone except the frame and no chrome everything is gonna be scotchbrite finished even the brass.(thats just my style, no shinning stuff).

that red on that Z is a bit much though i was thinking a bit more brown like the triumph seat. but thats not for sure yet. the seat is the most obvious thing on a bonne to me.

like i said earlier the handlebars are gonna be clean no visible wires or cables except the brake cable (did that on my sportster). clutch and throttle will be internal.

anybody happen to know where i can get the side cover louvered? I'm painting that blue or white or may even scotchbrite it. thats always reversible

I'll be home in July so I dont have too much longer so i can start working on these ideas. My MOS is infantry/machine gunner but our station is very peaceful so I'm not really in harms way at the moment.

I'm using the brown seat on a blue/white T100, will probably go more and more black once I get my MAS tank cover. The brown seat will stay as I think it has a nice look to it, despite some people saying it clashes :p

I've been toying with the idea of hidden wires on the bars for a while, how does one go about hiding the clutch and throttle cables? (I'm assuming the brake cable isn't doable)

Also, how're you planning to achieve the brass effect?

take care out there!

I'm using the brown seat on a blue/white T100, will probably go more and more black once I get my MAS tank cover. The brown seat will stay as I think it has a nice look to it, despite some people saying it clashes :p

I've been toying with the idea of hidden wires on the bars for a while, how does one go about hiding the clutch and throttle cables? (I'm assuming the brake cable isn't doable)

Also, how're you planning to achieve the brass effect?

take care out there!

the brake cable is possible but a little pricey and hard to pull off unless you just wanna go no brakes on the front alot of people do or have a foot clutch and a suicide shift. but anyways when I did mine on my sportster back in high school it was pretty simple.

first you need thicker bars to fit everything in there. all the wires are relocated (start button etc.) usually put somewhere on the side i had mine on top of my ignition coil on the sportster( on my bonne its probably going on a side cover)i didnt have turn signals on my sporty and my bonneville wont either.

then you need this... http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=37 or make your own like i did in machine shop.
then just drill a hole at bottom of the bars and run the cables.
blackBull2.jpg

thats what it'll look like. cool huh :rock:

and about the brass i know a plater back home and the parts i want plated ill give to him then its a just a simple run through a wire brush. also look at some of those bikes on that website you see what im talking about i want just on a bonneville.

Last edited:

curezee

Street Tracker
Zep, to me it comes down to tank shape on the bike you posted. Changing the tank shape to resemble the one on the CB looks like the challenge. The tank shape drastically changes the overall look of the bike. Well at least IMO. Nice look to go for though.

Zep, to me it comes down to tank shape on the bike you posted. Changing the tank shape to resemble the one on the CB looks like the challenge. The tank shape drastically changes the overall look of the bike. Well at least IMO. Nice look to go for though.

im not planning on changing the tank I like the triumph design. Its not going to look exactly like that, just a similar style. the only thing that will be the same is the rear fender and the seat style. That cb is just a for instance.

the brake cable is possible but a little pricey and hard to pull off unless you just wanna go no brakes on the front alot of people do or have a foot clutch and a suicide shift. but anyways when I did mine on my sportster back in high school it was pretty simple.

first you need thicker bars to fit everything in there. all the wires are relocated (start button etc.) usually put somewhere on the side i had mine on top of my ignition coil on the sportster( on my bonne its probably going on a side cover)i didnt have turn signals on my sporty and my bonneville wont either.

then you need this... http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=37 or make your own like i did in machine shop.
then just drill a hole at bottom of the bars and run the cables.
*image*

thats what it'll look like. cool huh :rock:

and about the brass i know a plater back home and the parts i want plated ill give to him then its a just a simple run through a wire brush. also look at some of those bikes on that website you see what im talking about i want just on a bonneville.

Nice! So, assuming you keep the front brake and clutch (unless you can use the left twist-grip assembly on a bonnie?) you could buy a FatBar with the throttle and electrics already hidden and "plug n' play" to a degree?

Sounds expensive but bloody awesome ^^

I am so looking forward to this build! I love it when people take the hotrodder approach to the bike and try something different. I think your seat idea with the brass is gonna look killer! I think its TPUSA that makes a giant brass gas cap that might flow real well. Keep us posted with pics!!

brunoxsm

moped
Some of you may know i'm in Iraq right now, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about my baby. Anyways I got an idea from a pic of a CB750 of close to exactly what I want done to my 2009 Bonneville SE: :)

honda_cb750_cafe_racer1.jpg

I like the upswept short pipes and especially the bobbed fender. Most likely I'll take off the front fender. I'm planning on getting a seat made similar to that one (very thin) but in redish tan leather(like the one triumph makes). I'm keeping my stock paint for now because I love it. I'm also planning on making my own handlebars with an internal throttle and clutch and hiding all the wires.

What do yall think?

what mine looks like(not mine):

0907_crup_02_z+2009_triumph_bonneville_SE+left.jpg

:headbang2:

Good, with a Bonnie, it s that !!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unfortunately all the plans I ever had can no longer be put into place I'm home now from Iraq and I am having to sell the bike because I can no longer ride it due to injuries I received. If someone would do me a favor though and build these ideas I'd love to see them first hand on a bonneville. Keep riding and keep rockin' :rock:

msc66

Two Stroke
I don't know what to say. I wish I could buy it and build your dream bike but I just don't have the means. Maybe someone else does. You're a better man than me.

DandyDoug

750cc
Sad to hear you have been injured, we can only hope you heal well and fast. No need to be a stranger here IMHO !!

thanks all you guys, unfortunately ive lost all function of my right hand. we're all hoping its temporary but i can function just fine and im doing everyday things just fine. I do have a few surgeries to go through but no matter how these next few months turn out, I have some ideas running through my crazy head of possibly getting another one and converting everything to left hand operation so i can ride again. this means:

Jockey shift, foot clutch, left hand throttle and brake.

ill probably have to clinch my right hand down to the handlebars somehow so i can still use my arm to turn. what do you think??? am I crazy?

on a good note the military is giving me great care through all this and they have awarded me a purple heart which i am very proud of.

As always keep riding and rockin!