The Direction of my Bonne

Some of you may know i'm in Iraq right now, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about my baby. Anyways I got an idea from a pic of a CB750 of close to exactly what I want done to my 2009 Bonneville SE: :)

honda_cb750_cafe_racer1.jpg

I like the upswept short pipes and especially the bobbed fender. Most likely I'll take off the front fender. I'm planning on getting a seat made similar to that one (very thin) but in redish tan leather(like the one triumph makes). I'm keeping my stock paint for now because I love it. I'm also planning on making my own handlebars with an internal throttle and clutch and hiding all the wires.

What do yall think?

what mine looks like(not mine):

0907_crup_02_z+2009_triumph_bonneville_SE+left.jpg

:headbang2:

Attachments

• Honda CB750 KZ cafe racer by the Wrenchmonkees.jpg
    Honda CB750 KZ cafe racer by the Wrenchmonkees.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BonnevilleSE_2009_510x347.jpg
    BonnevilleSE_2009_510x347.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
I think its all about putting your signature on it and making it your own so for it. You are stating with a wonderful canvas. Surprised you didn't say anything about the lights. I removed the hideous turnsignal and ET rear light from my bike before I even rode it....took delivery in the winter before last.
I presume you will adios the mirrors at the same time you create your new handlebar...or at least I hope so. :)
Good Luck and most important stay safe. You have my profound appreciation and respect for protecting our country.

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Go for it, remove the rear fender and see if you can sink that seat down into the rails some as well, that seems to be the biggest challenge in the design you like.

I think its all about putting your signature on it and making it your own so for it. You are stating with a wonderful canvas. Surprised you didn't say anything about the lights. I removed the hideous turnsignal and ET rear light from my bike before I even rode it....took delivery in the winter before last.
I presume you will adios the mirrors at the same time you create your new handlebar...or at least I hope so. :)
Good Luck and most important stay safe. You have my profound appreciation and respect for protecting our country.

I'm kinda of leaning toward the old school bat out of hell look.The reflectors and the stock turn signals are the first to go. I already bought this taillight for it
632590_05PRH.jpg

I'm planning also to plate the headlight ring in brass(flat like the tailight of course) and the grips and controls i purchased looks like this

PhotoID41330.jpg

my fiancee' is probably wondering why the hell all these motorcycle parts are showing up.

Last edited:
Go for it, remove the rear fender and see if you can sink that seat down into the rails some as well, that seems to be the biggest challenge in the design you like.

I know a guy back home who did all the work on my 240z and my sportster. he took the stock seats on my Z and I told him I wanted them thinner with tuck and roll. and he did exactly that and it looks amazing.(FOR CHEAP!) I'm pretty sure Im going to leave the seat design to him because he really knows what hes doing. I might even do the seat in the same leather he used in my datsun.

upholsterykit.jpg
this color

rodburner

Rocker
I might even do the seat in the same leather he used in my datsun.

upholsterykit.jpg
this color[/QUOTE]

PLEASE DON'T ! That would be the first and last thing people would see when checking out your bike. But alas,it IS your bike...

I might even do the seat in the same leather he used in my datsun.

upholsterykit.jpg
this color

PLEASE DON'T ! That would be the first and last thing people would see when checking out your bike. But alas,it IS your bike...[/QUOTE]

its gonna look like this. i like it personally.

createImage.aspx

i have those pipes and that sprocket cover already on it. got them when i purchased it from birmingham, al.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'd pass on that seat color unless you are going to be removing more black from the bike and adding more brass color. It just clashes a bit, however that's awesome that you have a hookup for the seat. You def have some good ideas flowing keep us posted on progress and keep your head down over there!

I'd pass on that seat color unless you are going to be removing more black from the bike and adding more brass color. It just clashes a bit, however that's awesome that you have a hookup for the seat. You def have some good ideas flowing keep us posted on progress and keep your head down over there!

all the black pretty much will be gone except the frame and no chrome everything is gonna be scotchbrite finished even the brass.(thats just my style, no shinning stuff).

that red on that Z is a bit much though i was thinking a bit more brown like the triumph seat. but thats not for sure yet. the seat is the most obvious thing on a bonne to me.

like i said earlier the handlebars are gonna be clean no visible wires or cables except the brake cable (did that on my sportster). clutch and throttle will be internal.

anybody happen to know where i can get the side cover louvered? I'm painting that blue or white or may even scotchbrite it. thats always reversible

I'll be home in July so I dont have too much longer so i can start working on these ideas. My MOS is infantry/machine gunner but our station is very peaceful so I'm not really in harms way at the moment.

I'll be home in July so I dont have too much longer

Off topic but, when you get home, have you done your bit, full stop, or can they send you back? Back in my day, we faced a ballot, if your number came up it was 1 year training then 1 year in Vietnam. When you got home a second tour was only on a voluntary basis.

T-boy

Rocker
I hate Led Zeppelin with a passion. Really can't stand 'em. Someone should have put Robert Plant out of his misery years ago.

I was in a bar after a Zeppelin concert & met the Zeppelin crew a number of years ago...obviously out of their prime, but each member of the band was extremely pleasant and friendly with the exception of Plant. He was very standoff-ish.
Sorry Sweat, but they're still a great band.