T100 tank paint

Nick Morey

Rocker
Lately I've been thinking of getting another tank and having it repainted. After looking around the Triumph colors I really liked the colors of the 2006 Daytona 675's. I was thinking...

1. tank - Tornado Red
2. T100 swoop - Scorched Yellow
3. pinstripe - Graphite

I have discovered I'm an idiot when it comes to Photoshop, so if anyone out there is handy with it...

2006TriumphDaytona675colors.jpg

2006TriumphDaytona675colors2.jpg

Here's my bike now

ironon2.jpg

If anyone has suggestions, knows a good paint shop, or can be of any help, or just generally wants to "dis" the whole idea (I'm thick skinned :D) feel free to chime in, please!

Thanks,
Nick

I am gonna be a disser :)
Your bike is perfect to have a 2nd tank with the chrome fender I agree. But you already have scarlet red, so why not look at a totally different colour to red?

maybe light Blue/ black or Scorched yellow/black?

scorched-yellow-limited-edition-bonneville.jpg

Blue j BTW is the photo shop man. He done a great one for me ages ago.

Attachments

• 2004TriumphBonnevilleT100c.jpg
    2004TriumphBonnevilleT100c.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
I've seen a lot of cool paint schemes. If I were you I'd get creative and do something original. Of course I'm not you so I'd probably end up with something safe and boring.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Nick,
Below is a very "quick and dirty" pshop of your bike with T140 tank colors.
Good luck in your search for the right color scheme.
Cheers.

Attachments

• Pshop with T140 Tank.jpg
    Pshop with T140 Tank.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0

Nick Morey

Rocker
music - I guess I'm just nuts about red, the redder the faster, I don't know. My Bike Title and Registration say red & I'd like to be able to switch tanks. That '73 orange bike was like the first Triumph I really fell in love with. I do like this Blue/white combo though:

30650325_1.jpg

As for chrome, I think I've got enough. :D Cool bike though.

KingBear - Yeah I ain't too creative either, but I do like the T100 swoop and want to keep the style just different colors.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
You're welcome Nick. Cool thing about these bikes is their look can be transformed with a tank paint change, all else staying the same. Also, the T140 tank...beautiful bike incidentally is nekked and the T100 tank has knee pads which also changes the look a bit.
Have fun.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Yes Chris, myself, I've always liked the knee pads (no jokes please!) & I'd use a T100 tank, just those Daytona colors. I'm looking to keep it as original looking as possible, just different colors. Your pic helps me see that somewhat. :)

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker

Musicswapshoppe sent me this mock up of a chrome tank, probably with a red T100 stripe instead of blue as my bike is registered "red". Opinion's? Too much?? Fits the rest of the bike? What do you think?

I reckon it suits the bike well. Obviously also needs a black triumph badge as well as red colour tho. Certainly changes the bike with just a tank swap. Most bikes would need guards changed as well.

same idea dont seem to work on mine

Attachments

• chromebaby1.jpg
    chromebaby1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Here's where the idea originally came from, the '73 T140V Bonnie

Triumph-T140V-732.jpg

Nick, my 2 cents worth....go with your original idea. articsea posted this advice to me a few weeks ago and it's solid advice.
On your bike, I think this tank would look awesome.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks wobbly, I think those Daytona colors would emulate that, kind of the same thing, but a fresher look.

The chrome idea music has is cool too, but cash could be the killer or at least postponer... until I hit the lottery, or they start paying me what I'm worth at work.