Swept Back headers

tchef

Scooter
To each his own but I like the looks of my Rassk.
IMG_8703.jpg

bassman I recently sprung for the Raask dbl walled head pipes, mine are getting a little blue.How are yours? Thanks, Bob

longjohns

Scooter
i have the jenks one and i will be throwing them on when i get home. if there is a huge noticeable decrease in performance they will come off. i dont care too much about hp numbers as long as the bike doesnt run like total shit.

swept back pipes what good are they?the sharp bend out of the head = less hp

Actually, those pipes are modelled off of the old race replicas. Euro style. Its not about the bend, its about the restictions. Even With baffles in, those will allow more fuel to air ratio than any stock crap ever will. Without, It will eat pigeons. So dont talk to me about bends. mmmkay.:eek:wned:

Phil-1100

Scooter
Swept back exhaust headers definatly lose power in the upper rev range, could not guess how much but you can notice it so 5 maybe 8bhp, power difference lower down is not noticable, the more solid thud bellowing from the rear is more enjoyable.
At the moment I will be leaving then on, it is differcult to use the upper rev range to a large extent in Australia - Too much bacon about. Lol