Suggestions--cheap mods

KingBear

Hooligan
I used red with a metallic silver outline to match my black & red tank with silver coach lines. Gold is very popular. Be sure to buy the ultra-fine tip for precision, and take your time because goofs are a bitch to correct. My wife and daughter did mine because they have steadier hands. The earlier seats (mine is an '06) had the border around the logo embossed so it was really easy to chase the outline. Later seats have the logo embossed flat without the border, and of course the logo itself is slightly different. Mine took two coats to give it a nice look, and I've touched it up once since it was first done.

I think painting the seat logo is one of the easiest and cheapest mods with a big visual impact and splash of individual style.

My favorite fast and cheap improvement: Fast Eddy Union Jack on the front brake reservoir cap.

FrontBrakeReservoir.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
best mod ever! beer cap on the banjo fitting on top of the rad...
best cause you can have a beer while doin it

pbrmod.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
well it would have been a rollin rock cap but i was drinkina PBR at a sweet old car show and was wonderin where u could put the cap and it fits perfectly on there...

Skeeter

Rocker
How'd you mount those signals. Pictures please?

how did i? i used the stock bracket up front and on the rear i made a little tabs that bolts to the back of the shock mount. the tab where just a 1 icnh flat stock with holes for the singles and to mount them. i dont have any pics of it on my computer. over all they look awesome and are bright

Awesome thanks. That sounds like a simple and cheaper way to go than some others I was looking at. The bracket idea in the back will work but I'll have to come up with something in the front. My stock directional holes are covered by the flyscreen now.

I need a good way to mount them to the forks I think...

strokerlmt

Just thinking......you can move the rectifier under the battery box. I think sweatmachine has the description on this site how to do. Move horn back under bat box or rear fender....gives cleaner look up front. Clean, hand prime and paint all silver bolt heads black. Doesn't sound like much but when you see the before after it is apparent. I don't like the stone guards on the forks....haven't had a stone hit me in 1000's of miles. They just break off easily. I cut down my stock chain guard. It was easy....jig saw hack saw dremel then sand prime and paint. D9 has a neat site here for taping and cutting your fenders. For me changes the look for bettaaaa.
keep going....press on...
LMT

Skeeter

Rocker
you can move the horn to under the gas tank. i did it, super easy.
my chain gaurd i drilled some holes, thats the stock turn singles b4 i got the better ones
chain.jpg

made my own FEK. and moved the plate to the chain gaurd.
100_0859.jpg

100_0852.jpg

lic.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
Awesome thanks. That sounds like a simple and cheaper way to go than some others I was looking at. The bracket idea in the back will work QUOTE]

best thing is on the back of the where the shock mount is threaded. so you dont need to unbolt the shocks, just find some bolts to thread in the back, easy mod

have to say this is becoming a handy little thread. I was gonna go the repco way with indicators but the bullet signals seem great and cheap! (do post some pics plz Skeeter)
Am also gonna drill and paint my guard.

Skeeter

Rocker
well here in PA we have a good 18inchs of snow but when i do make my way to the shop ill snap some pics fro ya guys. i highlt suggest these singles.