Stalling after airbox elimination

kev93

moped
I just pick up brand new Bonneville. Predator exhaust, bc airbox elimination kit, air injection eleminator, arrow 2 into 2 tune. I have had a few stalls at stop lights, also hesitation just off Idle. I have about 15 miles on it and has died 5 times. Any suggestions??

drlapo

Hooligan
did you plug the vacuum ports on the intake manifolds?
it sounds like an air leak or lean condition off idle
but you have no carbs to tweek so you may need an O2 check (read off the sensors in the head pipe)

drlapo

Hooligan
they are brass tubes on the intake manifolds
one operates the air injection on the carbed bikes
I don't know if your bike even has them

bonZa

Street Tracker
the arrow tune you have done will only compensate for exhaust changes, not how it breathes and the changes you have made to the induction are significant, hence why it stalls as it's running too lean

suggest you google triumph twin power as they have a range of tunes to suit your mods

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I would avoid riding too much with the bike running so lean. It is not too good for the engine as it is running rather hot. I can't help except to repeat what others have said - it needs tuning! If it was a carb bike I would be able to suggest jets but know very little about EFI. But it needs more fuel!

Flip

Scooter
TuneECU link, a USB to 16 pin OBDII cable with FTDI chipset and your trusty laptop.
Do some research, but the fuel injection on these bikes is not all that complicated, and you should be able to flash that ECU quite easily.

kev93

moped
Gonna install TTP #11 and see what happens. I rode it about 50 miles in that condition, Suppose any harm was done to internals??

Flip

Scooter
Gonna install TTP #11 and see what happens. I rode it about 50 miles in that condition, Suppose any harm was done to internals??

Probably not - are you burning any oil? You could also check the compression if it's going to keep you up at night... If you don't have a tester, Harbor Freight sells 'em for ~$20.

normandy

Street Tracker

It is very unlikely that you did any damage in 50 miles, but as stated, you should correct the condition soon.