Snorkel removal...

cinemastar07

Scooter
Just wanted to say I was reading through this the other day...and did my first "free modification", by taking out the snorkel from my 2010 EFI Bonnie. (Was one of the first things I took apart and looked at when I first got the bike in May...and even then was like "What the hell?...this thing looks very "restrictive"...") I left well enough alone then - but decided to take the snorkel off tonight and went for a ride. I felt an INSTANT difference! Crazy how a simple thing like that can change things. Can't say more "power", but man it just feels a little more "alive"...seemed to "move out" quicker and naturally, felt like it was "breathing" better. That snorkel gave it asthma...
And you do get a nice new little "note" when cranking it ...but coming from the airbox..lol..not the pipes. Gotta say I am looking forward to new pipes though...

Speed3Chris's mod of cutting out the center section was something that crossed my mind as well...seems like a good inbetween for us newbies who want to screw around a bit...but not screw UP anything either...

Definitely starting out experimentation though..

Thanks people.