Street Tracker
'41 Martin 00

8-28004-1.jpg

The rest of the herd

8-28008.jpg

Nick Morey

Rocker
Mom's Old Gibson

Nice collection pepper, and an old Martin to boot!

This old Gibson is the guitar I grew up with. My mother had it given to her from a friend back in the early 60's. He got it from a pawn shop down in or near? Mexico. It had a crack in the back but, it got played in a lot of kitchens by my mother anyhow. I learned how to play guitar on it. 25 or 30 years later the friend who had become a luthier along the way, found out from a friend my mother still had this guitar and offered to fix the back. He also straightened the neck, revarnished it, and put in new inlays & frets among other things. I know if it ever was worth any thing it probably isn't now but, it sure does play nice and sounds big & fat like a Gibson should with a nice mellow tone. To me it's priceless.

My Mom gave it to me a few years back. She died last month. This guitar gave her a lot of enjoyment back in her younger days.

100_0207.jpg

100_0206.jpg

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
There's more....I have a problem...

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Baxendale 014.jpg
    Baxendale 014.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Kevin's Guitar.jpg
    Kevin's Guitar.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Just a couple....

The first one is a nice Augustino, a custom builder from Clearwater Florida, dated 1971. Wood is Mahogany, fretboard Rosewood.

DSCF1330.jpg

DSCF1335.jpg

Next one is a very nice Guild, dated 1960, spruce top, rosewood sides

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

Had to throw in the banjo, a 1940 Epiphone, five string, curly maple, rosewood fretboard. There may have been a resonator on this but I got it without one.

DSCF1331.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
Oh shit Koi you're a banjo picker!?! OK, jokes time...

What's the diference between a banjo and a Harley Davidson?
-you can tune a Harley.
What do you call a guy that hangs around a bunch of musicians?
-Banjo player
I recently had surgery on my hand, and asked the doctor if, after surgery, I would be able to play the banjo. He said, "I'm doing surgery on your hand, not giving you a lobotomy."

Full disclosure, I also play banjo. It Feels like I'm admitting I'm an alcoholic or something... :D

OK all kidding aside, I really like that Augustino. Nice pics everyone keep em' coming.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
These are the only ebay-style shots I've got. I have a couple other guitars that I only have action shots of..

Gibby 335 (the "faded" model)
335.jpg

'76 lp
lp.jpg

coral firefly
firefly.jpg

washburn j-9
j9.jpg

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
:up:Hey Pepper, nice selection there Lefty.
That's a cool guitar and a great story Nick M.
My Favorite Martin's - Custom HD28 and Custom 00-18V

Attachments

• IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
Have a few guitars. And at muso's nights use my Takahari Acoustic/Electric. very nice sound and can be plugged into an amp. But the guitar I prefer to use is my old Gibson Epiphone 12 string. Though its only ever set up with 6 strings now as the neck was damaged and a home made repair done. Doubt if could cope with 12 strings now anyway.

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Banjo jokes

Oh shit Koi you're a banjo picker!?! OK, jokes time...

What's the diference between a banjo and a Harley Davidson?
-you can tune a Harley.
What do you call a guy that hangs around a bunch of musicians?
-Banjo player
I recently had surgery on my hand, and asked the doctor if, after surgery, I would be able to play the banjo. He said, "I'm doing surgery on your hand, not giving you a lobotomy."

Full disclosure, I also play banjo. It Feels like I'm admitting I'm an alcoholic or something... :D

OK all kidding aside, I really like that Augustino. Nice pics everyone keep em' coming.

What do you call a room full of banjo pickers? A target!
What is the first thing you throw to a banjo picker when he falls overboard?
The anchor!
What's the difference between a trampoline and a banjo?
You take your shoes off to jump up and down on the trampoline!
What is the difference between a roadkilled armadillo and a banjo picker laying in the road?
There are skid marks in front of the Armadillo!
Whats the difference between a banjo and a chainsaw?
The chainsaw has a dynamic range!
And finally what's the difference between a banjo and an onion?
Nobody cries when you cut up a banjo!
I could go on......but....
Thanks Gretsch I do love old time music though and the five string is a versatile little instrument, has good sound and easy frets....
Pm me if your interested in the Augie....
koi

koifarm

Hooligan
Some very nice instruments out there...if we all ever get together we can have a nice little band, and, I won't bring the banjo!!!

All my axes are at my folks' house right now. I'm reluctant to admit that I haven't picked them up since the last time I moved and I stored them at my parents' house a year or so ago. I don't have any pics of them right now, but I've thinned my herd down to just a few:

-Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite with m3 electronics, it's got the usual 2 humbuckers but with a stacked single coil humbucker in the middle, plus a coil-splitter switch to get a lot of different tones out of it. It also weighs about 1/2 what a normal Les Paul weighs. Mine is a nice dark brown stain and I've never seen another one like it. I showed it to a Gibson rep at a guitar show and he said "don't sell it"

It looks like this one in the middle, but dark brown. It's a very cool guitar:

gitm3.jpeg

I've been playing bass for the last 10 years or so and here's my bass. It's an Ibanez SR400. This isn't a picture of mine, but mine is identical to it:

ibanez_sr400.jpg

I also have a cool 1/2 scale cheap acoustic guitar I bought for like $150 and a cheap Jap Fender Strat, red with a white pickguard. I used to have a few more but this is what remains of my herd. I had a cool fretless bass for a while but sold it when I got bored with it.

D9

Vendor
Pepper, great thread - great pics - I don't have any guitar pix, need to take some...had many over the years, now mostly down to two acoustic Guilds, a standard six and a jumbo-bodied 12... Pepper, you're not a lefty are ya? ;) :rocks:

Damn, Gibson & Martin are well represented here!

Gretsch... I figured, long before you posted that, LOL... come on, show
us the rest!

pepper

Street Tracker
I'm sorry for your loss Nick. I lost my dad not quite a year ago and it's a hell of a thing to go through. I'm happy you have the guitar and the ability to stay connected to your mom through it, that's pretty special.

Damn, you guys got some nice gear!! :rock:

Since we're coming clean on banjos...

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

I built this one, a bracket banded tubaphone, a few years ago. It took me almost 9 months to complete it. Messed some things up (like the dull spot by the star on the headstock), learned alot and had a great fun with the project. I used leather die mixed in Everclear to stain it and Tru-Oil gun stock finish to seal it. Never could get it play blues real good though so I sold it. I'd love to do an acoustic but I'm not there yet skill wise I don't think. Maybe I'll try my hand at a slab electric first. If I ever won the lottery I'd have me a shack out back and build guitars when the weather was too nasty to ride.

Flaco

750cc
Here are pic's of my ProTool's home studio...
I was a roadie, sound engineer, road manager and musician for National and International recording artists back in the '70's...
The last ten years I have been playing Acoustic Swing Jazz.
Gypsy Jazz...
There's one more in the studio thats not pictured. A custom built Micheal Dunn that was willed to me when a band mate of mine died from cancer last year...
I haven't performed publicly since his death...
Ironically I am riding to Bisbee today to meet w/ his brother, as I am doing a concrete job for him.

Attachments

• HPIM0312.jpg
    HPIM0312.jpg
  • HPIM0313.jpg
    HPIM0313.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM0314.jpg
    HPIM0314.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM0315.jpg
    HPIM0315.jpg