Shocking Poll

Shocking Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

champ7fc

Scooter
Stock rears, installed hagon progressives up front with thruxton preload adjusters. The ride is much much better. I think I'll stick with the stock rears as this old guy won't push the bonnie too hanrd.

progressive 440, 13.5 in back. Much smoother ride. Better for 2 up. Bumps definitely feel smoother, cornering more responsive. Well worth the money.

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
Stock here also. No money. She is bone stock and still gives me a better ride than any of my other bikes.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Hmmmm...Trick answer...I'm running Thruxton (Longer) shocks on me Bonnie...the added legnth helped a lot!!

ivar

TT Racer
I wonder why the stock suspension is so bad to some and others like myself it seams ok to.

I think local road conditions plays a big role here, on well-paved roads I had no problems with the stock units, except they felt a little "wallowy" when riding a little more spirited.
But on sharp hits, like the aforementioned frostheaves and potholes, the stock units seems to "lock up" on impact - and transmits all the energy into the chassis (and my back!) rather than absorbing it.

Tritech

Scooter
Hagon Nitros on back. Race tech emulators and springs up front. Makes big difference when pushed hard in the turns.

CBR F3's up front and bringin up the rear are ZREX KYB's.

IMG_8109.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
Well the results of the poll were interesting, I would have thought that more of the riders out there had aftermarket shocks than the poll shows.
Almost 55% kept the stock factory shocks and a bit over 45% are running some kind of aftermarket shock.
I would have thought differently on that, figuring most had changed to a different suspension system. I did notice that those who did go with a different shock also changed front springs as well...makes sense though, and is probably a good thing.
Thanks so much for participating in the poll, I appreciate your return votes.....
koi

Hedge

American Infidel
I am running stock shocks, until I can get enough seat time to make a reasonably non-ignorant decision on upgrades.

-simpson

/ignorant
I'm running my stock suspension until I completely understand its limitations and if it is not to late after that happens then, and only then will I upgrade to progressives in the front and Ikon's Thruxton length in the back. I doubt I'll ever need anymore than this kind of upgrade.

Hmmmm...Trick answer...I'm running Thruxton (Longer) shocks on me Bonnie...the added length helped a lot!!
This is exactly what I heard!