Shocking Poll

Shocking Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koifarm

Hooligan
This is an easy one, how many of you are running stock shocks and how many are running aftermarket ones?

zmilin

Street Tracker
on my 07 America

I had Progressive 11.5" 412s in the Rear and Progressive fork springs.
I changed up to Progressive 12.5" 440s in the rear and still have the Progressive fork springs.

simply put...love em....best mod!

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Since the stock suspension on my Bonneville handles far better than any of the other bikes that I own and rides better than all of the bikes that I have to ride all day at work. I'm gonna have to say I'll leave mine alone for a while.
When I took a ride up in the mountains of western NC, I could find the limits of the stock suspension pretty easily. But down here in the land of the perpetual blue hairs, where the roads are flat and straight= the stock shockers work just fine- for me anyway.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
They are pricey, but the difference felt in my Progressive's (F and R) is much appreciated. I hit a frost heave about 4" high (I know, frost in MS, but it gives an idea what I'm talking about) at ~60mph. seriously scary with stock suspension, nowadays when leaving work I like to catch a bit of air on the old railroad crossing about 50yards from the entrance, (I aint right );)

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I did the Kawasaki thing for my back shocks. like night and day. I also have heavier oil in the front forks. But.. note the centerstand is down and the wheels are touching too. Still stable, but I'm gonna have to put some kind of spacer for when I lube & adjust the chain. The ride going down the road is worth the little inconvenience of that.
Bonnie-Kirky.jpg

BillTheCat

Scooter
That would be a no for me. I reworked a set of hammerhead redwings that I got off of Ebay. I would not recommend them they were not worth the effort. But they are better than stock and they look very Cool!

b_121752.jpg

not much longer

Yes, I'm running stock suspension but, as soon as I can afford it springs, emulators and rear shocks will go on before anything like pipes etc.

ivar

TT Racer
Ikon 7614's on mine. 1 season of spine-jarring hits from the stock "shock transmitters" on our potholed, frostheaved roads was more than enough...!

mikenva

Rocker
I wonder why the stock suspension is so bad to some and others like myself it seams ok to.I think maybe if i was into peg scraping I might want better ,but for everyday rideing or hauling ass at high speed its ok for me.I wonder if its worst for the bigger guys I am only 170 lbs.Compared to the old bikes our stock bikes are way better.Maybe its because i grew up dirt rideing is why it dont bother me.

MES

750cc
I wonder if its worst for the bigger guys I am only 170 lbs.Compared to the old bikes our stock bikes are way better.Maybe its because i grew up dirt rideing is why it dont bother me.
ding ding ding.
You win a cookie.