Shit, even my schtick is getting old

Kirkus51

Hooligan
OK, so I'm at my local Gas & Sip stocking up on cigs & nuts. They have what I want so I say to the clerk "ah wunnerful,wunnerful" in my best german accent. The clerk says what's that? I say it's what Lawrence Welk used to say on his TV show. "Who's Lawrence Welk" the guy says. I explain that he was the Champagne Music King in the 50s & 60s. i ask him if he's ever heard of the Lennin Sisters. Nope "I was born in 85 man".

I gotta stop saying "ah wunnerful, wunnerful". It dates me too much. Hell, even I made fun of Lawrence Welk when I was a kid, but there was one TV station in my folks home town back then and it was the only program on.
:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w

rodburner

Rocker
I know what you mean.I had to fashion a new personal library of more modern sayings to help me interact with my young coworkers.[both of the guys on my crew,put together,aren't as old as I am] I get them rolling though,when I answer my company cell phone, Morpheus? in my best Keanu voice.

Yeah, I keep getting into trouble from my wife for making old people jokes, she reckons I'm the funniest person I know.

The sad thing is I enjoy watching the kids faces as the hold back on saying what they think "silly old prick, put him in a home".

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Well the only good thing is maybe, use that schtick if you get pulled over.Hopefully the cop was born in 85.

Hey gotta look on the bright side!!

rodburner

Rocker
Sal,I've been growing my beard for a couple months now, it's all gray,and been wearing my 1973 3/4 Shoei,all in the hopes that those young cops will see an old guy on an old bike [hey,my grandpa had a Triumph] and overlook the obvious lack of any kind of safety shit,,,blinkers,speedo,horn,fenders,,,,,

Nick Morey

Rocker
I gotta stop saying "ah wunnerful, wunnerful". It dates me too much. Hell, even I made fun of Lawrence Welk when I was a kid, but there was one TV station in my folks home town back then and it was the only program on.
:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w

The youngun's may laugh or look perplexed at us now, but it'll catch up with 'em in 20 or 30 years...

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I was born in 85 too... no idea what your talking about.

I got dated when I told a kid he drew a good Gumby - Whos Gumby?, thats Frankenstein...

:(

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
I'll ask, Who's Gumby? I think I may be too old to know him. Was he on TV in the 50's? Shit this is sad.

Here you go...

there was this version
Gumby_narrowweb__300x483,0.jpg

I'm Gumby, dammit!!! :lol:
and the above version click here x2:lol:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I just bought two CDs today for my Cabrio's 6 disk changer. One was published in 66, the other in 82. Both of em rock & roll. I may be old, but my music makes me feel young. If the Rolling Stones can go platinum in 07, I can in 2010.

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
My dad at 85 used to tell me "there's NO guarantee you'll ever make it this far". The kids will figure that out soon enough, eh Blue J?

strokerlmt

"here come da judge"......I know what you mean.....I must say that I like the "old ways".....texting, twittering, cell phones so impersonal.....lately I have been writing hand written letters to friends......old fart

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Sal,I've been growing my beard for a couple months now, it's all gray,and been wearing my 1973 3/4 Shoei,all in the hopes that those young cops will see an old guy on an old bike [hey,my grandpa had a Triumph] and overlook the obvious lack of any kind of safety shit,,,blinkers,speedo,horn,fenders,,,,,

LOL:lol3: