Shit, even my schtick is getting old

wobblygong

Street Tracker
I just bought two CDs today for my Cabrio's 6 disk changer. One was published in 66, the other in 82. Both of em rock & roll. I may be old, but my music makes me feel young. If the Rolling Stones can go platinum in 07, I can in 2010.

Rock & Roll will NEVER die!!

Grew up in the 60's and was addicted to British rock. Loaned my Beatles Anthology DVD box set to my 17 year old son 2 years ago. Haven't seen it since. He now knows more about the Beatles, Stones, Animals, Kinks etc than I do and I was THERE in the 60's. (well for part of it anyway).:beer:

badda_bing

Two Stroke
Wow, you are all very old. Thank God that was all before my time!

watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat...... oops, wrong hat!

strokerlmt

"verrrryyyyy interesting "

Whenever I see gumby I think of Mister Bill for some reason. I always wanted to stomp on the little MFer myself:lol2:

LMT

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Sal,I've been growing my beard for a couple months now, it's all gray,and been wearing my 1973 3/4 Shoei,all in the hopes that those young cops will see an old guy on an old bike [hey,my grandpa had a Triumph] and overlook the obvious lack of any kind of safety shit,,,blinkers,speedo,horn,fenders,,,,,

Too funny!

"I'm Gumby, dammit!!!" Eddie Murphy (SNL, 1980 something) :lol:

Fred Garvin...male prostitute.

Man, I remember when TV was good...

http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/sa...son-1-land-shark/1415496980/?icid=VIDLRVENT06

T-boy

Rocker
Hey, speaking of the Stones....

In 1964 I looked like Keith Richards:
keith-1.jpg

In 2010 I still look like Keith Richards:
keith-2.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
I was born in 72 and I know about the Lawrence Welk show. I also know about Mayberry R.F.D. and a ton of other old shows. I think I was the original "latch key kid" so I was pretty much raised by the idiot box...go figure. Anyway, I had a weird toy when I was a kid called "Jay J. Arms". This was apparently a real guy who lost both hands and was a P.I. The toy had a ton of different prosthetic hands (grappling hook, gun, etc.) and a wicked 1970's van that was a love-shack/mobile crime lab. The 70's were a weird decade man. :c

Kframe

Street Tracker
Every once in awhile a phrase from old ads pop into my head.

"I'm a Pepper, She's a Pepper You're a Pepper too!"

"We build excitement, Pontiac!"

"Double double cheese cheese burger burger please!"

"Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is."

"Parkay!" (The precursor to "Aflac!" I think.)

Of course, then they all repeat over and over until I nearly go mad.
:crazy:
(You're welcome! :wave: )
-K

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventative dentifrice when used in a conciensousley applied program of oral hygene and regular professional care.

And my folks preferred Gleem.

koifarm

Hooligan
Advert

Every once in awhile a phrase from old ads pop into my head.

"I'm a Pepper, She's a Pepper You're a Pepper too!"

"We build excitement, Pontiac!"

"Double double cheese cheese burger burger please!"

"Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is."

"Parkay!" (The precursor to "Aflac!" I think.)

Of course, then they all repeat over and over until I nearly go mad.
:crazy:
(You're welcome! :wave: )
-K

"I'm a Pepper, She's a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3UKQM-U

koifarm

Hooligan
Bells

I was born in 72 and I know about the Lawrence Welk show. I also know about Mayberry R.F.D. and a ton of other old shows. I think I was the original "latch key kid" so I was pretty much raised by the idiot box...go figure. Anyway, I had a weird toy when I was a kid called "Jay J. Arms". This was apparently a real guy who lost both hands and was a P.I. The toy had a ton of different prosthetic hands (grappling hook, gun, etc.) and a wicked 1970's van that was a love-shack/mobile crime lab. The 70's were a weird decade man. :c

That nudged my deep memory banks. I can remember a movie about a guy who was, I believe, in the military and lost both hands, got prosthetics and tried to stay in the service. I'll have to google a bit to see if I can find it. It could well have been the idea behind your toy....
And...here it is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Years_of_Our_Lives

Last edited: