Shiny & Sporty

Nick Morey

Rocker
OK so last year I got this T100 and before I had picked it up I already had a load of changes in mind. Something more like a 70's style sport bike, at least what I think that is.

So last year I changed the fenders, added D&D reverse cones, and a bunch of chrome (sorry to the chrome haters but, it was popular "back in the day"). The one promise I made to my wife was that I'd get her a sissy bar (she's new to riding!). So when she rides, the sissy bar goes on, the rest of the time I prefer the grab rail.

This year I was introduced to this forum by musicswapshoppe and realized I had more work to do. One thing that had bothered me right from the beginning was those black plastic gauge cups. Then I discovered D9 here. Finally somebody gets it.

Well earlier this year I put on new Avon Roadriders, Newbonneville.com's airbox removal kit (NARK), and Ikon's chrome 7614 rear shocks and their progressively wound front springs.

This week end I put on D9's layflat sportbracket with polished aluminum cups, Hedge's 8 ball pull choke knob, and an NBR sticker (I don't even put stickers on my old beat up van but, hey, ya gotta support! This is a good forum started under the most noble of intentions, IMHO).

So enough talk, here's some pics...

Brand new on the showroom floor H-E-L-L-O ! ! !

bonnieonshowroomfloor.jpg

Last years mods...

bonniewindmills6-2.jpg

bonniewithsissybar.jpg

NARK & 8 Ball...

100_0280.jpg

Before D9...

100_0254.jpg

and after...

100_0273.jpg

tchef told me how to strip powder coat of bottom of forks...

100_0275.jpg

gotta support...

100_0266.jpg

Oh yeah, if I ever get tired of claret/aluminum silver all I gotta do is change or paint the tank!

Now, if I could just find some good mirrors...

Does all US models come with the reflectors on back bumper? We just dont get that here. Is it compulsory?
They really are nice pics and of course you have the best colour Bon as well. Goes without saying

I really do like the chrome you are adding but a lot here seem to try to remove chrome. Guess there are two schools of thought on that. the D9 Cups to me are great.

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Does all US models come with the reflectors on back bumper? We just dont get that here. Is it compulsory?
They really are nice pics and of course you have the best colour Bon as well. Goes without saying

I really do like the chrome you are adding but a lot here seem to try to remove chrome. Guess there are two schools of thought on that. the D9 Cups to me are great.

My bike came with the reflectors on the original fender. I put them on the one I bought after. I'm not against them they are for safety after all. Compulsory? Probably varies from state to state. NY is one of the tougher states if it comes with it, it is suppose to stay on as far as I've heard (I could be wrong).

As for chrome I don't understand that either. The "T" series of Triumphs has always had more chrome and they have at times had the bigger engine, both to appeal to the American market. I guess it's being lumped into the Harley, cruiser, chopper thing. Thats a shame because it wasn't always that way. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Post script: I'm all done adding chrome, don't want to over do it!

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks cynr1023. It's made by MAS Engineering. Bought it through Bella Corse. Polished Aluminum. $96. Got it last year, Bella Corse was out of stock, came over on a slow boat from Italy took forever!

D9

Vendor
Nick,

The bike looks gorgeous! Nice series of pics, I think this one is my favorite, looks like either early morning or sunset, the quality of the light, the rich green field, treeline, pastel sky, and wind turbines... beautifully composed, somehow reminds me of a Triumph ad from years ago... very cool.

bonniewindmills6-2.jpg

Bracket & cups look good, forks and fenders are awesome, and I like that MAS chain guard too - good work!

Cheers,

D9

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks D9! That picture is a favorite of mine too. I thought the windmills & bonnie had something in common, old technology made new. I had that photo blown up to a 16 by 20 and framed.

I think your stainless layflat sport bracket fits well with the chainguard having the lightening holes, a vintage feature, in common. Your work is flawless. Can't thank you enough!

Last edited:
Hey nick. you should try to recapture that pic with all the mods added. It is a great pic. Nearly as good as mine on babes on bikes LOL Actually been using it as a screensaver

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Kind of hate to go back & take the same picture but, it is on the way home from work. Maybe when the sun gets right, that's not until September though. As for the other picture well we can always dream right? :rolleyes:

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Ok, I don't normally go for much chrome, but I think you've hit a nice balance. The chrome front fender and chain guard balance out nicely, and the front forks lighten up the look to me. Nicely done.

Nick Morey

Rocker
The Money Shot

Thought I'd finish this thread up with one picture from out on the road...

lakeplacidscenic.jpg

Oh well, here's another one...

ironon2.jpg

Thanks to those who replied!

Last edited:

cynr1023

TT Racer
That bluing on the top of the tubes is really nice, would look smooth as buttah' if you could get it around the bottom bend too. I'm definitely one of the anit-chrome crowd, but that looks really good.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks cynr1023, she's only a year and a half old (almost anyways) the bluing might make it around that bend yet!

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks for the input TC_Dick. I do believe gaitors were going by the wayside in the 70's though and that is more what I've been going for. :)

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Ok Nick, I feel like such a goose. I've come into this thread arse about. Asking you all about your bike on the newer thread and did'nt realise you'd covered it all here. Sorry 'bout that. I'm still a bit of a newbie with this forum. Anyway I've found it now and again I'm more than impressed by you photos.
As I said in the other thread, with Bonnevilles, it's a love thing.
Working my way in that direction with my Centennial T100. As soon as I can I'll post some photos of her.
Cheers,
Wobbly

Last edited: