Serious lack of post here in the Thrux section

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hawkenz - The last thing you want to do is spend any money on a wave rotor and then destroy it with "Heat"... they work really well, but it wouldn't last very long the way you abuse 'em

Actually - the WAVE rotor is supposed to disperse heat better / faster. It is about a pound and 1/2 less than a stocker in weight. The design is supposed to also not warp. The cost (special ordered) is 135.00 plus about 12.00 shipping from Italy. I called BRAKING direct as no one in the US stocked this item in 05 when I purchased. If your running EBC HH pads out back I'd ditch those as they will generate more heat than you need. If I was you I'd also keep and eye out for stock rotors - they show up on ebay all the time - buy em, use em up, and throw em away.
The cost of the wave is probably less than a new stocker and may be worth a try at least one time. They are, after all, designed to haul motoGP bikes down from 200 mph lap after lap with out failure. The other option would be to find out if EBC or others possible have a cast iron rotor that would fit.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
BEAUTIFUL bike. frame, paint, cleanliness, mods, etc are an amazing combo
Post more pics please.
-Ben

jamesbgood

Scooter
Nice bike!!! Id give up my left nut for it. still thinking of doing more mods, or are you satisfied with perfection.
James

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Thanks again all - Just put an 813 cam set in it and picked up 10 RWHP. Probably pull the head this winter and let Fast Freddy do his magic act on it. Probably new paint in another year - it's cheaper than a new bike:rolleyes:.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
I always enjoy seeing and hearing the details about your bike. It is what happens when an "artist" and an "engineer" are the SAME person. And, I agree, modding a bike to make it "your own" is very satisfying. (We'll have to compare receipts someday!)

marthruxton

Two Stroke
Thanks again all - Just put an 813 cam set in it and picked up 10 RWHP. Probably pull the head this winter and let Fast Freddy do his magic act on it. Probably new paint in another year - it's cheaper than a new bike:rolleyes:.

Didn't you have the head done last year? I remember seeing pictures.