Seat mod to T100

dschief

750cc
I have to agree with the Thruxton gel seat being more comfortable than a stocker. My Bonny came with one and it's on my Thruxton now. Not as comfy as the solo seat, but close.

hey there. do you have anymore pics of this bike? rear fender too? i have the same color scheme and wanted to do this over the winter but could not picture it. thanks and much appreciated, Erik.

Have the photos, for reason unknown can't post them, have done successfully in the past, sorry.

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Yup, that works. ;) I believe you can also left click on pic. in photobucket, hit copy. Then left click again when writing post and hit paste, this has to be done separately for each pic. :cheers:

Last edited:
Yup, that works. ;) I believe you can also left click on pic. in photobucket, hit copy. Then left click again when writing post and hit paste, this has to be done separately for each pic. :cheers:

OK, will try.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq258/KCW-1950/P3220006.jpg?t=1269259764

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq258/KCW-1950/P3220005.jpg?t=1269259907

Edit,
That was right click on image then save location, then pasted to post.
When I right clicked on image then save photo, then tried to paste into post, nothing.
No matter the photo as requested is available via link.
Thanks for help, Cheers Kevin.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Two Stroke
otherwise, to post pics from photobucket is pretty easy...move your mouse over the photo and you will see a menu drop below the pic with options for sharing. On a bulletin board system like this you want to click on the option that says "IMG Code" and copy, then paste on here. Hope that helps ya

ivar

TT Racer
I have to agree with the Thruxton gel seat being more comfortable than a stocker.

x2.
But I also replaced rear shocks at the same time.

Now thinking of pulling the cover on the stock seat, then try to add some foam

ktmmiker

Scooter
Thruxton Seat

Have had two Thruxtons and both were more comfortable seats than the ones on my Bonnies.
I also have a Sixty 8 Solo Seat that looks great and is very comfortable, but I rarely use it as it doesn't work with my tailbag. :T
06T100Bonne012.jpg

06T100Bonne014.jpg

wobblygong

Street Tracker
End Result

Thruxton Gel Seat arrived while I was away and 2nd day back, dropped 'round to paint shop to collect painted seat cowel only to find he hadn't even started it. 6 weeks he had the thing and even though I was exploding within, I bit my tongue and listened quietly as he handed me the old "I've been sick" bullshit. Finally he assured me it'll be finished by the weekend and it was. If it was'nt I believe I would've driven him thru the wall of the paint shop unsharpened.
Here's some pics of the finished product. I'm pretty stoked with the result and it's certainly getting some looks from complete strangers and some favourable comments.

P1010037.jpg

Bow view

P1010034.jpg

Stern view.

P1010030.jpg

Overlooking Newcastle Beach.

P1010024.jpg

Checkin' out the surf.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Well, you gotta admit when he got around to it, he did a spot on job! I think that cowl flows pretty darn well with the tank & ties right in with the rest of your bike. :up:

That surf looks awesome BTW!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Thanks Lach and Nick, I think it looks pretty well balanced. Probably changing to an upswept muffler like the Staintune reverse cone might give it a more balanced look like the Thruxton but as we've said before, big bikkies. Next thing I must do is get onto one of D9's instrument consoles, the one incorporating the ignition key. The same as yours Lach.

Shock of all shocks, Clare took one look at the finished bike and said, "Where am I going to sit?" After I explained that I could replace the stock seat quicker than it took her to put her makeup on, she was happy. She's become the real thrill seeker since the trip, nothing phases her.