Riding weather

Bonafide

NBR founder
Thats why you do the ton on New Years Day all the LEOs are tired from arresting drunks and figure if your stupid enough to be out on a bike you wont be out long LOL.

Jimmy

HA! Tired? More like sleeping for the next two days. There's still the dayshift coming on at 6am. They usually find a few NYE zeros sitting at a green light, passed out with their foot on the brake.
:pd:

I see more bikes out on Christmas day or the day after than New Years Day.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
We have a few bars in our town I think they are doing a DUI check point in the AM New Years Day so I plan my run on RT224 6 miles of straight road with fields down both sides no place to hide by then your ass is frooze to the seat and hands so cold you just want to make it home. Last year I went to WAWA and bought three of those gallon coffees and dropped it off at the check point cause the wind was blowing and it was like 25 f it was like gold I even got to watch a drunk try to walk a straight line and fall face first into the trunck of a Crown Vic.

Jimmy

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
About 45 does it for me but I'm 60 years old. USED to commute year round except for below freezing.
I once camped over a beautiful Easter weekend. On the last morning woke up to snow flurries and rode about 190 miles home. Leather jacket, gloves and rain gear. Miserable, go fast and freeze quicker. Go slow and prolong the agony. Had bruises on the inside of my knees from gripping the tank so hard. :hurt:

shoobie

Scooter
We have a few bars in our town I think they are doing a DUI check point in the AM New Years Day so I plan my run on RT224 6 miles of straight road with fields down both sides no place to hide by then your ass is frooze to the seat and hands so cold you just want to make it home. Last year I went to WAWA and bought three of those gallon coffees and dropped it off at the check point cause the wind was blowing and it was like 25 f it was like gold I even got to watch a drunk try to walk a straight line and fall face first into the trunck of a Crown Vic.

Jimmy

What the hell is a WaWa?:lol3:

40f for me.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
It's all about the Gear & the Want to ride...

Any weather...as cold as the low 20's (windchill @ 70mph is approximately -6F)...Rain is never a "NO-Go" issue, motorcycles do work when it's raining and in Portland it's a must. As long as there is no Ice/Heavy Snow...then I'm riding. This morning was 35F and raining...34 miles later, I'm at work with my thermos of hot coffee ready to warm me up!!:headbang2:

Sorry I missed something, did you wreck your old bike or are you patiently waiting for your first? Was it you who posted the black and gold?

And for the rest of you worried about the cold, check out this guy

Waiting for this next week to finish...I had an accident at work over two years ago and ended up in hospital. Had to sell all my bikes to live and keep my house and wife and kids and now I have been smiled apon by the gods of Karma and I will have my Thruxton very soon...pictures will follow boys!!!

Cheers,

Bret....:wave:

I wish there was a temp that I wouldn't ride in - but that doesn't seem to be the case. It was 20 degrees F today and I got where I needed to go (and some plastic crap melted to the exhaust pipe!) Saturday night when my girl and I came out of the movies it was snowing. We were jazzed about how beautiful it looked and she said it looked like we were traveling through space. I said "once we get moving, it'll look like light-speed!

I'm thinking about trying out those tire studs if we have a particularly snowy winter...

Soooooo, I guessing Bret rides in pretty much any weather?

Yeah mate, I'll ride in anything...been wet before and I'll get wet again...been frozen before and I'm sure it will happen again someday...and stinken hot....yep, you bet ya ass mate but like I said...we are not here for long and I want to do a shit load of riding yet!!!

Cheers,

Bret....:wave:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Depends on how far I'm going. If its about town I'll ride in any temp so long as its not raining and freezin (no rain gear). If I'm gonna be on the bike for 30 or more minutes between stops I usually call it quits about 40, unless its all in town, where I'll have lights to warm my hands