• 50 to 60

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • over 60

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.Hawks

Two Stroke
I am 57. Bought my first bike (a Triumph) in '68'. Have 3 Triumphs now,'62' Bonneville,'71' Trophy and '07' T100.

47 this year....been ridin since I was 4...never wasted a day of motorcyclin that I could fit in somewhere...spent most of my youth ridin to and from the pub and out with mates haulin ass across the country...first roadie was a CB900F2B Boldor Coke can, then I had PE 175 for ages, then an old 750 Super Sport honda , then I got given a Katana 1100 by my Girlfriend at the time, then a moto guzzi (god have mercy on me) then I finally got rid of that piece of excrement and bought a BMW which buy the way is still tickin after nearly 400,000 k's in my mates garage and is his daily ride. Then a GSX750ESD and a Honda VFR750 91 model and then got injured and sold everything to keep our house and now we are the damn proud owners of a Black 08 Carb Thrux and a White 08 EF Bonnie....Puff pant wheeze!!!

Cheers...

Bret.....:)

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
Wasted youth? I don't know. I have a good, solid Triumph at this point in time. A bike I wanted in my youth and love to ride now. The biggest waste in my youth was not ravishing Debbie Orhenstein.

Gretsch

Rocker
I'm 36 but the GF is 21. I guess that proves that Bonneville's make you sexier and help you feel young.... or in my case "feel (the) young" Good god I'm a dirty old man....

KingBear

Hooligan
There's Thruxie braggin' on her young GF. Yeah, I coulda had a young one too but I, you know, like them more mature. :eek:

sgt brad

Scooter
ummm...i'm 39. oof, it hurts to say that. 40 is just around the corner (july). my wife is a few years younger than me...that's at least something to brag about. and, oh yeah, the thruxton is hands-down the most rewarding bike i've ever owned. some people don't get it, but it's the character of the thing. it's like a boat, she's got soul and personality. the japs can make a performance bike, but there's just no character in them. they just don't capture the tactile feeling of a triumph. i hope this analogy makes sense but, it's like the difference b/w a glock and a 1911. the glock's a better, more reliable weapon, but the 1911 has the heft and feel that can't be matched.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
In my youth I wasted 90% of my money - the rest I spent on beer, motorcycles and women.

Once apon a time my buddys and I would ride bar to bar at warp speed. If we even saw a cop it was WOT and we knew every back road and turn. Pegs were worn down to nuthin'. I couldn't afford a Bonneville, but I still remember walking backwards away from one years ago. But at the time I remember thinking it was an antiquated piece of crap - 2 cylinder air cooled 650! i needed a GPZ! Well, I changed but the Bonneville is still the same.

By the way, I am 43 and I would'n't trade my well trained 40 y.o. girl for a twenty year old - no way! After many years , man I really just got her trained real good . I can't even say.... her next husband would owe me a million bucks and I'd know why he was smiling. y'all can have the young ones and the headaches...

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
65 this last year, funny thing though, when I get on my Bonneville and ride.....suddenly I'm 30 again....it's only when I get off after a looonnnggg ride I suddenly know it ain't necessarily so....lol......
When I die, I want a big hole dug, big enough to put my pickup truck, my motorcycle and my fishin boat in and me with em......nuff said!!

How old am I? Uhmmm . . . well, I'm not interested in fucking my wife anymore! God, I hope she doesn't read this! Just kidding honey . . . you know your the only woman I would ever think about. Well, there are those Starbucks after school girls and discontented MILF's. :D

Hey Hedge!!!...how the hell are ya man???....your safe mate, she hasnt read it....yet!!!....

Nice to see you around big fella...

Cheers mate...

Bret.....:)