Predators????

Rockers CT

Banned
So how many of you guys have Preds on your bikes and if soo what do you think.. I am seriously contemplating getting them and Im looking for GOOD feedback.. Also hows the Re- Jetting and tweaking involved with them??

Cheers

mikenva

Rocker
i have them on mine there good pipes sound good .well made and hold up good.
with no air box 140 mains 1 shim 40 pilots worked on mine when it was stock

Dawgone

Two Stroke
I personally like the tone of the TriumphPerformanceUSA Dominator Sports better. They are the original designer of the preds & now make the Dominator's after the split-up.

I have the Preds and I absolutely love them. Great sounding pipes and not obnoxiously loud. I highly recommend them.

Bonafide

NBR founder
4 bikes in the garage ... each one with a different set of cans. The Preds sound best. The Epco peashooters are a close second.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Even though I don't ride a Thrux, I have to give 2 thumbs up for the Preds on my Bonnie. After watching the vids and asking others over on TR.N, I went with British Custom's performance package. Everything that you would need is included with the kit. As far as install goes, I had the guys at the shop do it for me, that way I know it's right. Now the sound...I love it. Does NOT sound like a Harley, or any other bike but a Triumph. Nice deep growl under load, good lines and excellent fit and finish.

So go for the Preds, you won't be disappointed.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
What polish are you using on yours? Do you use the same thing on the head pipes?

Another vote for the preds being great here. The sound is incredible.

Head pipes = ceramic coated 120.00 at supercars unlimited. The preds have not been polished other than scratches - for that I use blue magic and an electric drill with cotton buffing wheel.

markbvt

Scooter
I'll cast another vote for the Preds. Best-sounding pipes available for the Bonneville/Thruxton, IMHO.

Dawgone, what's the difference between the Preds and the Dominator Sports? I was under the impression that they were basically the same pipe, just made by two different companies.

--mark

+ 1 on Preds. Matt Capri at South Bay Triumph designed the Predators, but there was some sort of breakup and British Customs was formed. I think that's how it goes. I bought my bike from Matt, but bought my mods from Sean a South Bay. I don't know anything about the Dominators, but they're probably pretty good.

BC and South Bay used to be in partnership. The Predators were sold under the BC name. After the break up BC continued to sell the Predators and South Bay cloned them and created the Dominator Sports. I have the Predators and I heard the DS's this past weekend. They look exactly the same, cept for the logo, and have similar deep tonal quality. The big difference is the Preds are a bit louder, which I prefer. I have had 3 sets of pipes, Staintunes, D&D's and now Preds, and have heard countless other brands, and IMHO, the Preds are by far the best sounding pipes, and they are of superior quality.

SHRuuM

moped
+1 OregonT on the preds and they are badass looking and add 15hp when ceramic coated black.:D
FrontfullnoBC.jpg

dominators

i have got the dominator sports that everyone seems to want to know stuff about.

i like em. they are loud, but loud is good. my neighbors aren't fans when i start up the bike at 6:30 in the morning.

i've got them in black ceramic coat with ceramic coated headers.

j_

ab_square

Scooter
...preds are by far the greatest. Especially when you 'blip' your way to the red light....or even in between shifting. I love making heads turn. Always as loud as I can get them!

Hedge

American Infidel
I think Hedge has predators on his bike and they do sound nice!!!
You are 100% correct Pat - and Seth has seen them and heard them at the BTB! I bought the British Customs Performance Package and had it put on as soon as my bike was uncrated. To this day I regret nothing about that decision!

Seth - you will have a 2nd look and listening this coming Sunday at Bruce's BBQ. Hell if your not drunk you can even take it for a spin! :)

tpusa

triumph performance usa has the same performance as british customs: exhaust, airbox removal kit, crankcase breather filter, air injection elimination and jets.

i think british customs charges more if you want your exhaust in black. i got my kit from TPUSA for $40 cheaper.

ps. i am poor.

j_

drlapo

Hooligan
Hey Seth
I have a set of shorty reverse cone megas, a set of Dunstall long megas and a set of long reverse cone megas
you are welcome to stop by to see how they "look" on your bike, if something works you could get the connector pipes for $35 and be in business for less than $100
we can discuss further Sunday