Personal set back

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Lachlan, Wondered why I hadn't seen any posts or emails from you in a while. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

I'm just a wee bit older than you (and younger than some in here .. ahem.. they know who they are), but I think we'd all have to admit that getting old isn't for the weak. At the same time it's a helluva lot better than the alternative.

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery... I'm looking forward to some more pics of those Bonnies you've been working on.

Chris

nohawk

Rocker
Strange trip indeed man, the surgery sounds like some science fiction. I sure hope the best for you Lach. Much pain when your retina "pops"??

simpson

TT Racer
Lachlan-

Glad that you are on the mend, but sorry that you are having to go through this!

Heal quick!

-simpson

Wow, unbelieveable surgery procedure! Unfortunate that it happened in the first place but it sounds like you were in the right hands. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and 100% vision again. And yep, I agree about the forum thing but this one certainly has a great bunch of guys.

Cheers,

Pikey.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hey Lach - hope you recover fully and looking forward to seeing your projects again. I can't explain all the medical details, but right before thanksgiving my brother had a sort of "mini stroke" in his right eye. He is now blind in that eye with no hope for recovery. They have no idea what or why the clot occurred in his eye, just one of those things. How you stayed on the couch 23 hours a day I'll never know, I guess if your vision is on the line that would be a great motivator. Get well soon.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Lach, the procedure they did on you sounds both insane and amazing at the same time. How do they think of this stuff? Here's to clear sailing. "Press On"

strokerlmt

Hey Lach - hope you recover fully and looking forward to seeing your projects again. I can't explain all the medical details, but right before thanksgiving my brother had a sort of "mini stroke" in his right eye. He is now blind in that eye with no hope for recovery. They have no idea what or why the clot occurred in his eye, just one of those things. How you stayed on the couch 23 hours a day I'll never know, I guess if your vision is on the line that would be a great motivator. Get well soon.

Sorry to hear about your brother. one of the things I was thinking about was a stroke. Hope he feels better real soon. You guys all stay well. Bonniebret needs more watching over. We need to get his ass up and walking again and back on the bike.
LMT

nachog35

Scooter
Best wishes on your recovery. I was wondering what was going on as I'd become a big fan of your projects, marveling at your talents. Can't wait to see how the RAF bike turns out.

ssjones

750cc
Wow, thank goodness you acted quickly. I had a co-worker go thru the same surgery. He whipped a sports coat off a hanger in his closet, rushing out his front door. The hangar kicked back and struck in him the eye. Isn't that crazy? He didn't think anything serious happened and played tennis later that evening. During play his vision disappeared in that eye and he drove himself to his eye doctor, who fortunately was available They did surgery immediately and he went thru the same recovery. His was complicated a bit as he had the lasic procedure done a few years ago. He fully recovered and has no issues. But the first week weeks were awful. Listen to the doc and get better in time for riding season!

strokerlmt

thx gents.......SS glad your friend is ok......I now have 2/3rds of my eye back as the bubble dissapates. The vision I have is an amazing 20/20 so I figure in a couple of weeks it should all be back.
LMT

Pete R

Banned
Glad to hear you're on the mend LMT, I'm hanging to see your 'see through' frame holding holding a bike together!

:cheers:

strokerlmt

Bad but good, amazing! Hopes for a speedy and full recovery.

Thx King....I have 2/3rds perfect vision bac in the eye. The gas bubble gets smaller everyday. I still need the patch because it makes me dizzy to look out of the eye. another 2-3 weeks.
LMT