What do YOU guys want if you could have it made?

pattybilt

Scooter
I wanted to share something with you guys as well, im sure you are aware of the headlight mount finish destroying key flap that happens while riding, yes you do! Do this........take a small binding barrel and screw and screw your keys together, it works wonders, use locktight of course!
keys.jpg

Last edited:

wbarnier

Scooter
desires

I would love to be able to buy a finned aluminum cam cover that looks similar to the one on the old 67 to 70 BSA 650 twins. The stock rounded looking cover that Triumph uses now was one of the biggest turn offs about the appearance of the New Bonneville.
Also, if someone would make some heavy walled exhaust header pipe that wouldn't turn blue He would make a killing in selling that part alone! That would be a must have part for every New Bonneville sold.

Just my 2 cents.

ssjones

750cc
I thought someone was making those finned covers, but Google yielded no results. I think it was a French company the cost was pretty steep.
I would love to be able to buy a finned aluminum cam cover that looks similar to the one on the old 67 to 70 BSA 650 twins. The stock rounded looking cover that Triumph uses now was one of the biggest turn offs about the appearance of the New Bonneville.
Also, if someone would make some heavy walled exhaust header pipe that wouldn't turn blue He would make a killing in selling that part alone! That would be a must have part for every New Bonneville sold.

Just my 2 cents.

ivar

TT Racer
an engine guard with integrated highway pegs, when folded in they blend with the guard itself, all specifically designed for the bonneville, not just adapted parts.

Sounds VERY interesting.

Also with you on the pegs, those stock pot metal pegs are not very sturdy.

I'd like to see something like the MFW-Vario pegs where you can adjust the offset and position of the pegs by rotating the mount.

http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/products/motorcycle-footrests/vario-mounting-brackets?datei=variorasten_triumph.csv&marke=Triumph

Also, the scrambler guys over at advrider.com also wants a set of sturdy pegs that allows standing up and also allows for more leg room around the pipes.

Flaco

750cc
Also, if someone would make some heavy walled exhaust header pipe that wouldn't turn blue He would make a killing in selling that part alone! That would be a must have part for every New Bonneville sold. Just my 2 cents.
Heavy walled? Nope...
You could go Rasak double wall... pricey...
Or Jet-Hot coat 'em!
http://www.jet-hot.com/

Attachments

• San Xavier.jpg
    San Xavier.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

fender

Street Tracker
Heavy walled? Nope...
You could go Rasak double wall... pricey...
Or Jet-Hot coat 'em!
http://www.jet-hot.com/

Flaco, how does the jet-hot coating compare to powder coating for not heat applications? I've got a grab bar for the Bonneville that I'm looking to get coated in black.

pattybilt - no additional suggestions as it seems like you have suggestions for most of the bike.

klink

Two Stroke
Flaco, how does the jet-hot coating compare to powder coating for not heat applications? I've got a grab bar for the Bonneville that I'm looking to get coated in black.

Fender......Be no problem, good coater would blast the chrome off and paint with your desired color. Just remember that the piece will be a little bit larger with the coating than chrome because of the coating thickness. Not much mind you but some.

TXRider60

Scooter
I also miss a seat that "lifts, flips, and latches"-- though I have an 83 BMW in the garage with a jammed (?) seat latch, making battery and tools inaccessible.
I also had a cylindrical (4-5" diameter), end-cap opening tool box that mounted to the frame of an old Enduro bike I once had-- seems like an aluminum equivalent for our Bonnies might be popular.
My own needs are more geriatric than sporting-- need a set of "forward sets"-- but would settle for low highway pegs-- probably just above where the frame (and pipes) start their rearward turn. Don't need to assume a monkey pose-- but would like to stretch my knees (even the one that's still "real") now and then. Good luck with your venture!

I wanted to share something with you guys as well, im sure you are aware of the headlight mount finish destroying key flap that happens while riding, yes you do! Do this........take a small binding barrel and screw and screw your keys together, it works wonders, use locktight of course!
keys.jpg

I like it!!!

What size binding barrel and screws? I doubt Lowe's or Home Depot would have it. Is there an online source we can buy?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
The seat on the hinges is the best idea I can think of as well...I would buy one if it was offered.

Dasha

moped
Point Of Information : American Vendor "New Bonneville" has been out front selling easily adaptable and stylish accessories for the Bonneville and sister bike America . Their web site has been attacked this week so give them some time to come back. Hinged seat? Great idea. Side covers? they should have been set up like they were in the 1960's when they held the owner's tool kit . There is so much wasted space in both of them that the rider could have used.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I have been doing my keys like that since I got the bonnie. I like the idea of some pegs that I would not be afraid to stand on. I also would be interested in a MUCH larger and very strong luggage rack as many were years ago and as some still are today on sport touring bikes. I would be especially interested if it was made out of stainless steel. I saw a beautiful old Honda Trail 90 the other day and even it had a large, strong luggage rack.

the flip up seat sounds great. I think it would work better as a kit so you can modify any seat to flip up rather than selling the whole seat...

a complete high pipes/street tracker kit for the Bonnie EFi

mondokat

Scooter
Rear Brake Caliper Bracket

on the scrambler thread on advrider forum they always bitch about a bracket that lets you mount the rear break caliper on top of the swing arm instead of under it, so it doesn't bang into stuff off road. I'd bet a ton of orders would come in for that right away, since the guy that used to supply them doesn't any more. Here's a picture of it:

532425755_CZYEA-L.jpg