Performance MODS RECOMMENDED EFI BIKE

sportyone

Street Tracker
I know but your bars are 1inch bonne SE bars are 7/8 and I dont want to have to change all the controllers etc, I have looked for some new/seconds in 7/8 to no avail, if you have any idea's, I even called triumph peter stevens they are so poor with customer service, they really annoy me promise the world and delivery bubcus once they have your cash. I will still keep looking because of your recommendation though. When I get some time off I want to catch up for sure, at the min I finish my rotation then have to cover shifts that lead right back into my roster. I can't wait for the new fire'e's to start it will be so good. Cheers Ben:up::ride:

Ok, didn't realise you had 7/8 bars, does the lastest thrux have 1" bars too ?

seems like they really did down size on the SE mate, :lol2:

little wheels, lower seat etc & thinner bars too, eh ? :lol:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Yep they made a bonne for a short arse like me with 7/8bars, smaller wheels etc, the new thruxton has 7/8 bars but I cannot find them to purchase anywhere. I have checked bikebandit,worldoftriumph and many others to no avail. I have ordered the M Bars from norman hyde and based on reviews they are very similar to the thruxton bar and somewhere in between the ace bars I have and sports bars. I am getting fit at the min and think also that by reducing my weight I will put less load on my hands and wrists and back. I am sure I will find the solution but its a journey, and sometimes journeys cost $ but I can always sell on my bars that don't suit. I am looking forward to installing the airbox kit and ai removal but it will be a challenge cos I am mechanically inept to a certain extent. Looking forward to catch up for a ride and coffee very soon mate, they are hiring the new firefighters very soon which will free up time for me. Cheers and thanks for your help mate it is always appreciated kind regards Ben

sportyone

Street Tracker
Yep they made a bonne for a short arse like me with 7/8bars, smaller wheels etc, the new thruxton has 7/8 bars but I cannot find them to purchase anywhere. I have checked bikebandit,worldoftriumph and many others to no avail. I have ordered the M Bars from norman hyde and based on reviews they are very similar to the thruxton bar and somewhere in between the ace bars I have and sports bars. I am getting fit at the min and think also that by reducing my weight I will put less load on my hands and wrists and back. I am sure I will find the solution but its a journey, and sometimes journeys cost $ but I can always sell on my bars that don't suit. I am looking forward to installing the airbox kit and ai removal but it will be a challenge cos I am mechanically inept to a certain extent. Looking forward to catch up for a ride and coffee very soon mate, they are hiring the new firefighters very soon which will free up time for me. Cheers and thanks for your help mate it is always appreciated kind regards Ben

Ok mate, surely the " new 7/8" thruxton bars "

would be available as a spare part ?

what if some donkey dropped their new thrux, you think you would have to

be able get them I'd reckon, eh ? :beer:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok mate, surely the " new 7/8" thruxton bars "

would be available as a spare part ?

what if some donkey dropped their new thrux, you think you would have to

be able get them I'd reckon, eh ? :beer:

You would think so but i cannot find em any idea's?:snack:, Its CRAZY!, I cannot seem to find them for that very reason, at the min I have turned the LSL Touring Bar upside down which is better but not ideal, hopefully the M Bars will do the trick. Cheers Ben

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Cheers thanks mate will do, just installed the AI removal kit and airbox removal kit but I am having trouble fitting the DNA Pods a bit big but I guess thats why they are better than k&N. Will give it a go in the morning and use tune ecu to remap with a downloaded map from pieman, will let you know how I go. Working again tomorrow dam I need a rest thanks for your help Ben

sportyone

Street Tracker
Cheers thanks mate will do, just installed the AI removal kit and airbox removal kit but I am having trouble fitting the DNA Pods a bit big but I guess thats why they are better than k&N. Will give it a go in the morning and use tune ecu to remap with a downloaded map from pieman, will let you know how I go. Working again tomorrow dam I need a rest thanks for your help Ben

post up some fotos of the kits on your bike mate ! :up:

did u have to remove much to fit the airbox removal stuff ?

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ben,

1 - Your choice, but I always think they run better without the AI plus removal takes away unnecessary weight. The cops won't even know it's gone.

2 - DNA filters flow more air than K&N's and all my tunes will run rich with K&N's fitted plus you won't get all the power due to richness.

3 - Read the reviews tabs Here and Here to see what you can expect. Much better for the WOW factor to come from past customers than from me.

4 - Tune 11 will suit your bike with those mods.

5 - If your chain and throttle are adjusted correctly your won't get snatching with my tunes.

Happy New Year to you and all.

Hey mate I have had real trouble trying to fit the DNA Pods in so I decided not to pursue as I would most prob break them. I have a NARK airbox and on my bike I have followed all your instructions and guide on TTP. Where the fuse box is mounted it inhibits the pods being fitted do I need a different designed airbox kit? If so I will order one and fit the DNA Pods as I have installed the map no 11 as purchased following your advice. As you indicated with the k&n's its running a bit rich but heaps better than when I had the SAI and o2 running. I am about to go for a scoot and check it out. Upon recieving your further advice I will find a way to install the DNA'S to get it running at 100%. I have seen that you own a bonne SE could you take a picture of both sides of your filters so I can do the same cheers and thanks heaps for all your help and advice I would be lost without it. Ben Dickens

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok so I did the firefighter thing early today and addapted and overcame I now have the DNA Pod filters fitted which will remove the bike running rich and fume'e. I will post pics soon so you guys can see and hope to go for a quick squirt today and will report. Its meant to be summer hear and its snowing in the mountains global warming my arse LOL Cheers Ben

PS What spanner size do I need to change the spark plugs? I want to install the nology leads and plugs cheers

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Update On My Progress

Update:brit:
My bonne know has the airbox removal kit, dna filters, o2 and AI removed and tuneECU map as recommended by and purchased from pieman, Nology Kit,Plugs,Hotwires. I have also ordered some billet manifolds for aesthetics and I will shortly be ordering some works performance springs and thruxton pre-load adjusters to tidy up the front end thanks to triumphperformanceusa. That should be the very end of my modifications and I will just ride and appreciate my bike. The mods to increase performance have made a vast improvement to stock acceleration and throttle snatch, the bike runs awsome. I have also adjusted the Nitro Shocks and they are working sweet. So with the front end fixed = One very happy Bonne Cafe Style Mag Wheel EFI Rider! Cheers all your help to get me to this stage of modifications has been honest and invaluable thankyou to all for your help. I will keep you posted on what happens with the front end, scary job but worth the effort.

Kindest Regards Ben:scooter:

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I've always thought that upping the compression ratio would be a simple way to more torque.
Anyone know about how high of a C.R. you could go without losing reliability of the stock motor? overheating issues, gasket problems. Say could ya go to 11 or 12 to 1? Anyone ever do this to a stock motor before on the forum? Your results were??
Sorry, Ben, don't mean to jack the thread but your questions got the ol gears to turning in my head!
Thanks y'all

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hi guys unfortunately I have to sell my ride due to my medical conditions reiters syndrome, the position is causing me bone damage just had some x-rays, great disease it sux's, so this is where the journey of my bonneville ends. The bike is in the for sale section kindest regards and great appreciation to you all.

Ben Dickens

T-boy

Rocker
Hi guys unfortunately I have to sell my ride due to my medical conditions reiters syndrome, the position is causing me bone damage just had some x-rays, great disease it sux's, so this is where the journey of my bonneville ends. The bike is in the for sale section kindest regards and great appreciation to you all.

Ben Dickens

Wishing you the best going forward!

mikenva

Rocker
I've always thought that upping the compression ratio would be a simple way to more torque.
Anyone know about how high of a C.R. you could go without losing reliability of the stock motor? overheating issues, gasket problems. Say could ya go to 11 or 12 to 1? Anyone ever do this to a stock motor before on the forum? Your results were??
Sorry, Ben, don't mean to jack the thread but your questions got the ol gears to turning in my head!
Thanks y'all
You can run 11.5 on pump gas and and have good reliability.But with the stock bore and the 4 valve head you can get alittle less then 11 to 1.On 904 and bigger bores you get more do to the bore being larger then the chamber in the head.A 10.8to1 in A 790 has as much piston dome as a 904 11.5 . A 904 10.5 to 1 is a flat top piston.
Hope that makes since.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Thanks for the info Mike, good stuff and exactly what I was looking for. Benjamindickens, I wish you the best with your condition and can hope you find a way so as to not live in a constant state of pain. You could always put your bonnie in the living room and keep it for a very cool conversation piece. I've always been just a little envious of the folks that have a beautiful moto sitting inside their homes. My wife has told me that in the garage is under the same roof so in her mind, it is in the house. Not quite what I had in mind.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker

Ben Dickens

Ben,
Sad to hear of your health issues. I have always enjoyed your insightful posts and appreciated the overall tone of them. I can't think of a more polite member on this forum. Sometimes we get a bit cheeky and chippy, but you sir are a true gentleman. Best of luck to you.
"kind regards"
Paul

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Would a sidecar possibly help? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, just an honest suggestion. I'm sorry that you can't ride and I hope you can find some alternative that you enjoy just as much.

Just saw this thread and new Bonneville SE owner. In the picture what is the gray with red piece at the front of the engine cases? Also saw those on a Bonneville last week.

strokerlmt

I'm with everyone....take care of the health issues....and I think BO6tang has a great idea man.....side car.....ge back out there get some air swallow a few bugs.....chase a kanga.......good luck mate......
LMT